We Are Hiring:
We are hiring a full-time Data Scientist:
This is a remote position however we do have Ascension Studio office locations in St. Louis, Austin, and Chicago that can be used for face-to-face connections. Candidates that reside in or have willingness to travel to these locations for select team meetings and collaboration on strategic projects are preferred. We will consider strong qualified candidates from other remote locations as well.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for a Data Scientist (Research, Statistics, and Advanced Analytics) that will primarily focus on providing statistical consulting, research design and advanced analytics support for nursing and patient safety research publications. There will be a heavy focus on writing the methodology sections of research publications along with applying mathematics and statistics to solving healthcare problems in human behavior, medical sciences, behavioral sciences, associate or patient experience, education, business, clinical care operations, performance improvement, and process optimization.
Integrates data from multiple sources and supports/performs complex statistical data analysis including multivariate statistical analysis, multilevel modeling, dyadic analysis and/or coarsened exact matching analysis.
- Analyzes complex business and competitive issues and discerns the implications for systems support.
- Identifies, defines, directs and performs project issue analysis to resolve issues, including analysis of technical and economic feasibility of proposed data solution.
- Communicates highly technical information to numerous audiences, including senior management, the user community, and less experienced staff.
- Presents data to drive business decisions.
- Proposes and leads projects required to support the development of the organization's data infrastructure needs.
- Parses, validates and scrubs data of widely differing formats.
- Analyzes structured and unstructured data for business insight.
- Interpret large amounts of data using advanced visualization techniques and tools.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Psychometrics, Educational Measurement; Mathematics, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or other related fields with heavy focus on advanced statistical methods strongly preferred.
- Master’s or PhD degree is strongly preferred
- Statistical consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge or expertise in study design principles
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and basic understanding of control charts is strongly preferred
- Experience writing the methodology sections of research publications in academic or industry settings strongly preferred
- Experience with conducting research in human behavior, medical sciences, behavioral sciences, associate or patient experience, education, business, clinical operations, performance improvement, process optimization and/or healthcare preferred
- Advanced modeling and statistical knowledge one or more of the following areas: multivariate analysis, logistic regression, poisson and negative binomial regression, experimental design, structural equation modeling, principal component analysis, educational measurement, psychometrics, factor analysis, mathematical modeling, simulation, operations research, optimization
- Scripting language experience in Python, R and SQL
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and techniques: Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, SVMs, Time Series, KMeans, Clustering, NMF)
- Knowledge of and some experience with Google Cloud Platform preferred
- 1-3 years experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, QlikView, Looker or Microstrategy
- Text mining and natural language processing knowledge is a plus
- Consulting experience with external clients or internal stakeholders
- Presentation and storytelling skills
Why Join Our Team:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.