The world is changing at an accelerating rate and understanding the shifting landscapes has never been more critical. Primer is the premier artificial-intelligence powered platform that allows humans to get information that they need, instantly, in ways that until now have not been possible. We believe that truth is knowable; our mission is to free the curious to be their most human. We are building machines that can read natural language text documents, understand them, correlate them into events, and share what they learn by writing their own natural language text documents.
At Primer we use machine learning and natural language processing to automate the analysis of very large corpora of unstructured text. We build systems that read documents, extract insights, and write reports comparable to those of a human analyst. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them –– from geopolitical events and scientific research to changes in the risk profiles of companies. Our clients include some of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the sort of problems we solve at our blog, as well as recent media coverage of our work.
As a Solutions Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by applying our solutions to meaningful problems on behalf of our customers. As one of the first engineers on our Go To Market team in the UK, you'll be a key part of establishing the culture and mission of our presence here, bringing a collaborative and proactive energy to get us off the ground. Not only are you proficient in training, tuning, and deploying machine learning models, you are also an experienced engineer who is comfortable pitching in across the entire stack as needed to ensure the successful delivery of our natural language processing solutions.
Primer believes in creating an environment that encourages and creates opportunities for growth. Whether it's helping create and contribute to a set of architectural principles, or pushing us to adopt high-impact OSS, we need engineers to help us make those decisions.
From your first day, you'll support customers and prospects who want to leverage our technology. What you'll do:
- Train, deploy, and tune machine learning models on customer data sets
- Engage with customers and prospects to understand their problems and scope technical solutions
- Develop, enhance, and deploy features of our products, prototypes, and proofs of concept in support of customer requirements
- Explain machine learning concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Partner with our product management and engineering teams to identify and prioritize feature development based on customer feedback
- Produce technical content in support of national security focused business development and marketing
Experiences we like
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, computational linguistics, or another quantitative field
- 3+ years of professional experience developing and deploying software in a production environment
- 3+ years of Python experience
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and NLP tools and libraries such as Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, SpaCy, NLTK, Tensorflow, Keras and PyTorch
- Understanding of NLP topics, including event and topic detection, named entity extraction, relation extraction, text classification and sentiment analysis models
- Ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective, establish conceptual connections between requirements and solutions
- Hands-on experience with a cloud services provider
- Strong communication skills - you'll be the face of Primer to customers
- Active United Kingdom Security Clearance - Developed Vetting (DV)
- Direct experience deploying software into a Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Experience working in a customer success role
- Hands on experience deploying software leveraging container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Linux proficiency - you'll need to know your way around a Linux shell in order to run our software
- Full-stack development skills (including front-end)
What We Offer
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
Does this sound like you? Please get in touch now!
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.