DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
Are you excited about scientific innovation and would like to provide statistical advice and insights to our research, development and marketing community?
Then our position as Biostatistician / Data Scientist might be the right next step for you! We are looking for a bright, motivated colleague to further strengthen our team in nutrition innovation.
This is a permanent position in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland, near Basel.
Remote or office-based work in Switzerland, Austria, the UK, The Netherlands, or other EU/EFTA countries is negotiable.
- You will support our multidisciplinary project teams with your statistical expertise and insights to optimize decision-making and influence strategy in all development phases of our nutritional products, from early research through development and marketing.
- Provide data analysis, meta-analysis across many studies, visualization, reporting and interpretation for a wide variety of research questions in nutrition and health, using mainly data from randomized controlled trials, but also various sources of observational data.
- Optimize the study design and statistical power of feeding studies in farm animals and of clinical studies in humans to obtain scientifically sound results.
- Monitor outsourcing of statistical analyses to partner organizations and ensure compliance with official statistical guidelines where applicable.
- Work closely and in a result-oriented way with study directors, project managers, nutritionists, data managers, external study sites, regulatory affairs, marketing and customers, either as a project team member or as an ad-hoc consultant.
- Participate in our digital transformation strategy and optimize how we organize and leverage data in order to personalize our products for customers and consumers.
- Participate in collaborations on a global basis (research institutions, customers, CROs, NGOs, etc.).
- MSc in statistics, biostatistics, data science or a related field.
- PhD and/or several years of work experience welcome.
- Experience in applying statistics or data science in a life science environment is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of standard statistical methods, particularly regression and extensions (GLMM) is required. Knowledge of machine learning methods is an advantage.
- You are an experienced R user. Experience with e.g. Python or SAS is a plus.
- Experience with clinical studies, data management, databases or CDISC standards is an advantage.
- Familiarity with cloud-computing platforms or data workflows is welcome.
- As an all-rounder, you enjoy the variety of projects, people and questions that are typical for this role.
- You are used to handling several projects at once with a proven ability to prioritize and to meet deadlines.
- You enjoy being the point of contact for your stakeholders. You are curious about the goals and the context of projects, and you take responsibility and proactively contribute to their success.
- You are a strong team-player with the ability to communicate effectively with non-statisticians and you thrive in an open and collaborative research environment, but you are able to work independently as well. You will interact with team members both in person on site and remotely.
- Any professional or extracurricular activities where you refined your teamwork, leadership and organizational skills are considered as assets.
- Fluent in English. German would be an asset.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal ( www.dsm.com/careers ). For additional questions, please contact Eliza Niedzwiedzka (Recruiter) with email address ( email@example.com )
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.