As an Associate Data Scientist, you will be a leading contributor in the implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) within Data Collections software applications, API’s, and other data products. This role requires significant interaction with both upstream and downstream stakeholders across Technology, Data, Products, Sales/Service, and Research.
The Associate Data scientist will be responsible for understanding the business requirement, do the data collection, exploratory data analytics, feature engineering and build the models using industry best practices. He/She will coordinate with the engineering team to deploy the models in production using Amazon Web service. He/She will be responsible for acquiring deployment skillsets along with the data science and ML engineering
We are looking for an individual who possesses strong technical development skills, an ability to follow analyst requirements and technical specifications for robust code, and a passion for investment research.
This position reports to the Lead Data Scientist
- Build mathematical algorithmic solutions to address business needs specifically in the area of supply chain management.
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization, machine learning techniques, and statistics
- Anticipate and Evaluate impact of solutions on related projects as part of the developing complex logical algorithm/solutions for various business problems
- Stays current with scientific advancements and provide thought leadership in choosing the right algorithm for solving a given business problem.
- Collaborate with engineering teams so that the data science products are embedded in production systems.
- Participates in project estimation & reviews
- Provides subject matter expertise to the broader organization
- Identifies and escalates issues and, when necessary, pulls appropriate teams together to solve issues, etc
- Encourages team members to deep dive into business problems to solve them.
- Participates in different industry forums and discussions
- Prioritize workload, ensure high quality of solutions that adhere to standards and best practices are delivered in timely fashion
- Acquire the latest knowledge in NLP, ML, DL and Python and use it for business solutioning
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in in engineering, computer science, statistics or related field is preferred
- Familiarity with data science, machine learning, NLP and deep learning using Python is essential
- Self-learner who upgrades oneself with latest research in AI ML field
- Academic exposure in publishing the research paper on AI or ML in renowned forums will be a plus
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
I10_MstarIndiaPvtLtd Morningstar India Private Ltd. (Delhi) Legal Entity