Passionate. Committed. Fearless.
Navitaire has been transforming the world of travel since 1993, delivering game-changing technology that supports some of the most innovative airlines and rail carriers around the world. We offer proven solutions to help clients grow their business, reduce costs, capture new revenue sources and connect with digital customers and business partners.
Use your passion and creativity to
- help shape the future of travel
- solve critical business challenges
- contribute on a global scale
A wholly owned subsidiary of Amadeus, Navitaire has over 600 employees in offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We have a wide range of careers and opportunities that let you do what you do best, every day. And our fun, casual and fast-paced environment give you the space to grow personally and professionally alongside other industry pioneers.
Summary of the role:
Navitaire, an Amadeus company, is constantly trying to evolve the way the world thinks about travel. We are challenging industry norms by providing flexible systems on which our clients can deliver unequaled booking experiences for their customers. With more than 50 customers worldwide, including may of the world’s most successful hybrid and low-cost airlines, Navitaire offers a unique opportunity to make a large impact on the world of travel. As a data engineer at Navitaire you will get to design and implement data solutions that affect millions of people every year from all over the world.
As a data engineer you will design, develop, test, optimize, and maintain architectures such as databases and large-scale processing systems for airlines around the world.
In this role you’ll:
- Work with data scientists, data analysts, business analysts, and business intelligence to implement and perfect features
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable data solutions
- Analysis, design, development, and maintenance ETL systems and applications
- Improve ETL performance
- Identify and understand source data systems
- Curate data from disparate sources for consumption by analysts, data scientists, and business intelligence
- Design and manage data access controls mapped to curated datasets
- Advanced SQL development and performance tuning
- Design and build master dimensions to support analytic data requirements
- Identify, communicate, and make use of best practices for data warehousing and data lakes
- Be the bridge between data suppliers (source owners, DBA’s, third parties, etc.) and data consumers (analysts, data scientists, developers, etc.)
- Define, develop, and manage our DataOps approach
- Mentor and lead others
About the ideal candidate:
- BS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Relevant Work Experience:
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience with workflow management tools
- Comfortable working independently with data customers (BI, Data Scientists, etc.)
- Proficient in T-SQL & ANSI SQL
- Experience with Databricks/Apache Spark and Hadoop
- Experience with data mappings/conversion, loading activities, and interface programs
- Experience working in an agile development environment, preferably Scrum
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Proficient at data modeling and normalization
- Experience in data warehouse and data lake design/architecture
- Experience with ETL and database performance tuning
- Experience in data security/access management
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Business Understanding:
- Passion for software and the data that drives solutions
- Someone who has a bias towards action, a self-starter
- Excellent problem resolution and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be a team player
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work for one of the world’s top leading travel tech companies; a company that originated in technology innovation and sees the world with a technology-first perspective
- Skills development and opportunities to try new ideas
- A global diverse work environment
The application process takes no longer than 10 minutes! Create your candidate profile, upload your CV and apply.
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorization.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.