Questrade Financial Group (QFG) of Companies is committed to helping our customers become much more financially successful and secure.
We are everything a traditional financial institution is not. At QFG, you will be constantly moving forward, bringing the future of fintech into existence. You will be a part of a collaborative team that cares deeply about our mission and each other. Your team members will help you conquer challenges, push boundaries and discover what you are truly capable of.
This is a place where you can explore, discover and learn with continuous growth. As a diverse and inclusive place to work, there are flexible working arrangements so you can unleash your creativity and curiosity with no limits. If you share the same sense of infinite possibility, come shape your future at Questrade.
We’re looking for our next Senior Data Engineer. Could It Be You?
Our Data Wizards Team at Questrade is expert at building Data Products that are used by various teams such as Data Science, FinCrime, Fraud and AML. This is a fast paced agile environment where we have a lot of fun, enjoy a high amount of collaboration and do great work.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Cloud Data Engineer
professional that demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of cloud data engineering tech stack
with experience in data warehousing, data integration and analytics
Need more details? Keep reading...
- A minimum of 3-5 or more years experience working in the data engineering field
- Very Strong Cloud ( AWS , Azure or GCP ) data engineering experience working with BigQuery , Dataflow , AirFlow , PubSub and Cloud SQL Functions
- Experience in architecting, developing software, or internet scale production-grade big data solutions in virtualized environments
- Experience in working with large data sets, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL /ELT and reporting/analytic tools
- Work closely with other enterprise solution architects, data scientists and data engineering teams to develop data engineering solutions, enhance and/or define new data integrations
- Ability to work, communicate effectively and influence stakeholders on external engineering teams, product development teams, Business stakeholders and external partners
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously while troubleshooting technical issues and working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining optimal data architecture pipelines
- Good Knowledge of Python language
- Develop and maintain code and documentation for ETL and other data integration projects and procedures
- Collaborate with the team to decide on which tools and strategies to use within specific data integration scenarios
- Should be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
Additional Kudos If You…
- Knowledge of the Financial industry (Banking/Insurance/Mortgages)
- Experience building applications using SparkML and TensorFlow
- Preferred GCP Data Engineering Certification.
Sounds like you? Click below to apply!
At Questrade Financial Group of Companies, with multiple office locations around the world, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and accessible work environment. This is an environment where individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Here, the unique skills and experience you bring will be valued. You will be supported and motivated, so that you can harness your unlimited potential. Our team reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and operate in. Having a collaborative and diverse team helps us push boundaries to bring the future of fintech into existence—not only for the benefit of our customers, but for those who build their career with us.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment/selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.