ABOUT THE TEAM
At Revolut we pride ourselves on being the best, most automated and most data-driven firm in our industry. This attitude extends beyond the customer facing products into all functions and FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) is no exception.
We already have a range of in-house and best in class off-the-shelf tools to support us and we are constantly improving these. The vision for FP&A at Revolut is a team that spends 30% of its time forecasting the business (traditional FP&A activities) with 70% of our time performing deep analytics that drive business strategy.
In order to meet this vision we need to automate our processes and checks while quantifiably maintaining accuracy. The data we deal with are diverse spanning from Customer volumes to Equities trades to Card Delivery Costs. Our analysis answers the queries of all the firm’s stakeholders from leadership to regulators and investors.
WHAT WE NEED
This role is for a data expert to join FP&A to aid the team in consolidating, structuring and summarising data from around the business into the central Financial Analytics platform where it can be consumed live by internal stakeholders including ExCo and Nik, the Founder.
We are looking for someone who is a data analyst first and financial analyst optional but desired. We are not recruiting for FP&A analysts currently and as such we will be rejecting any candidates without demonstrated data analysis skills.
The data expert will be someone who is driven by creating and owning the best solution feasible. While their core skills will be in SQL we expect them to have a learning attitude to use whatever tool is best suited to the task.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Understand our business and financials through our data
- Apply this knowledge to consolidate structure and summarise relevant data into a single platform
- Maintain the platform to ensure it has accurate and timely data
- Produce ad-hoc analysis to test theories so we can better understand our users and their behaviour
- Be pro-active to identify issues, track them and solve them
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
Essential: At least 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Essential: A 2.1 or higher in a STEM (or Finance/Economics/Accounting) degree from a top university
- Essential: Proven work experience as a data analyst or business analyst
- Essential: Strong SQL skills
- Essential: Data visualisation skills and experience with BI tools (Looker/Tableau)
- Essential: Ability to simplify complex data/patterns/causation into defined tasks
- Essential: Organisation skills - track all tasks and drive delivery to deadlines, attention to detail
- Essential: Fluent English
- Highly Desirable: Python
- Desirable: Experience of Finance & Accounting
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent training and guidance from our team
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Private medical care
- Daily meal allowance
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.