About The Team
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team
works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love. They work to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 4 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings their own point of view to create a unique experience for the pets and pet parents.About the Location
Fully Remote Position:
This position is considered to be Fully Remote and work is done from another location outside of Phoenix Home Office (within the United States). Associates that are considered to be Fully Remote do not have a work space at Phoenix Home Office and can expect to be asked to travel to Phoenix Home Office several times a year [or more], based on business needs and in partnership with leadership. Associates that are considered to be Fully Remote will acknowledge the “Remote Work Agreement” upon hire. .About The Job
Customer Insights Analyst
Utilizes technologies, methods and practices for continuous iterative exploration and investigation of past business performance to gain insight and drive business planning. Helps the business develop new insights and understand business performance based on data and statistical methods. Responsible for leveraging marketing & customer data to drive improved decision making. Position requires an individual with a willingness to partner with peers within & outside the department, a passion for creating actionable customer insights, and the ability to summarize & communicate results that can drive marketing & business strategy.
How this role will make an impact:
Data is critical to the success of any retail organization, and at PetSmart, it is the lifeblood that drives value by providing the information to make strategic business decisions and process improvements. As a Customer Insights Analyst you are responsible for collaborating with various PetSmart business areas to provide insight on customer behavior and performance.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Translate highly technical data and concepts into simplified stories and actionable insights in response to business needs.
- Use technical skills to query large databases & apply visualization skills to share insights.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Ability to prioritize business and information needs.
- Apply appropriate quantitative methods to analyze customer data and recommend key strategies that can drive the business.
- Possess the ability to communicate at a very technical level with peers, as well as at a high level with our senior level business leaders and partners.
- Possess the ability to manage/own external vendor relationships and tailor analyses to answer enterprise/market level questions.
- Act as a mentor to more junior analysts.
- Be comfortable operating in fast paced corporate environment with the ability to juggle multiple priorities & deadlines.
- Be comfortable exploring new data sets for insights as requests evolve in scope & complexity.
- Display business judgement in providing actionable recommendations.
About The Culture
- 2-4 years of experience in Marketing Analytics
- Advanced SQL, Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Python, SAS, MicroStrategy or Tableau experience a plus
- Data Visualization expertise
- Effective presentation skills
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to manage relationships with external vendor partners with a high degree of integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics preferred
- Experience working with customer information in retail or consumer packaged goods environment preferred
- Experience in supporting Loyalty programs & working with CRM teams a plus
At PetSmart, we work hard to create a culture where every associate feels like they truly belong and we celebrate the unique stories, backgrounds, and experiences our associates share. These experiences not only bring new perspectives in shaping our Belonging culture but they’re core to PetSmart’s success.
Not sure if you meet 100% of the position requirements and whether you should apply? We’d still like to hear from you and encourage you to apply with us! You just may be the ideal candidate for this role, and if not this one, perhaps another position.
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- On-site Dog Park
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility (associate paid)
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/
- If you don't already live in the Phoenix area here's a guide to the area: Welcome to Phoenix Guide