- Permanent role
- A great opportunity to collaborate and build strong relationships
- Contribute to pricing solutions
- Sydney CBD location
The role of Senior Actuarial Analyst/Actuarial Analyst/Data Scientist in the Model Activate & Analytics team within the Pricing & Analytics Department is to provide Pricing and Analytical service to both Consumer and Commercial Insurance business. This position contributes to the Pricing & Analytics team's purpose of supporting the business to improve product profitability and the financial control of the insurance products. The team covers the pricing analytics work for both consumer and commercial line Insurance business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with Senior Actuarial Advisors to develop, recommend and implement pricing solution to achieve financial and non-financial business objectives
- Apply the thorough understanding of the insurance data assets to extract and manipulate data for business analysis purpose
- Use state-of-art internal Modelling Infrastructure to develop and enhance statistical and machine learning predictive models
- Understand the end to end pricing ecosystems
- Improve risk selection and apply the insights of customer and market to formulate the best pricing offering to meet the business objectives and customers’ needs
- Address and solve the specific analytical and modelling aspects of problems.
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant degree in Business, Actuarial Studies, Commerce, Engineering, Econometrics, Computer Science, Statistics or related field - Mandatory
- Experience with general insurance Analytical or Pricing related field of work would be valued but isn’t mandatory
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience within complex analytics and modelling project.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Results oriented, self motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced project environment dynamic priorities
- Effective communication, stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills.
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-50 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
If this role sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please submit an application online today or for more information contact Annette_frasca@suncorp.com.au
Advertised: 10 Sep 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Sep 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time