Do you want to grow in a rapidly growing and innovative environment? Do you get energy out of getting actual results? Are you passionate about huge datasets? Say no more: we want you!
In our A-team of data scientists at the Technology & Data department we have one spot open for someone who is ambitious and wants to grow with Jumbo Supermarkets. Being part of this team means learning with and from each other, working in an independent and autonomous manner, and last but not least: being of real significance to our customer.
Examples of things you will work on as a Junior Data Scientist:
- Providing market insights to category managers, by analyzing market data from Nielsen, IRI, EDM and many other sources;
- Build and bring a recommender for our online channel to production: for substitute products, but also for products that customers might have forgotten to order in their shopping trip;
- Build algorithms that help assortment managers to determine which products to list / delist, making sure our customers get the products they want;
- Develop an algorithm that forecasts the number of orders that need to be processed by our Distribution Centers, to make sure our customers get their groceries in time;
- Help our forecasters with an algorithm that detects the root-causes for out-of-stock, ensuring our customers have a better in-store experience;
- Support the Jumbo Extra's program with an optimized segmentation, to ensure our customers get the full benefits from that program.
Apart from the Jumbo DNA (Together, we Win by Entrepeurship), you tick the following boxes:
A Master’s degree with strong academic results in the field of Computer Science, Econometrics, Marketing Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative fields;
- You have a solid understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning methods in machine learning, for example in Random Forests, Logistic Regression, KNN, LDA, K-Means, LDA, etc.;
- You are a skilled and elegant programmer: you highly value your code quality and durability. Python is our default language; experience in PySpark is a pre;
- You are skilled in both SQL and Excel. You get bonus points if DataBricks is a part of your skill package aside from these;
- You have solid knowledge and understanding of statistics and time series analysis, for example in Bayesian statistics, MCMC, ANOVA, Arima etc.
- You are an excellent communicator and are able to adapt on multiple levels.
What does Jumbo have to offer you?
You will not just get a job; you will be at the very start of the rest of your career. We offer you a nice job at an ambitious and enterprising family company, where you will be challenged to grow, to win, and to build the biggest and best supermarket in the Netherlands & Belgium. At Jumbo the customer’s happiness is our shared passion and main motivator. We highly value togetherness, celebrating successes, and a nice and open culture.
You will be given all the tools you need in order to become your best professional and personal self, like training in PySpark, advanced SQL, Data Science/Engineering, leadership, time management: whatever else you can think of and whatever you need to achieve your goals. At Jumbo, we value our employees’ self-development.
Of course, good work will be rewarded. However, Jumbo offers more than just a good salary. We think it is important that you are happy and that you are having fun at work. That is why we invest in you and your personal development by means of:
- A good 4 weekly salary of €3.000 - €4000 gross, depending on your level;
- 30 holidays per year and a yearly bonus;
- A collective discount (up to 20%) for buying a new bicycle;
- Personal development budget;
- Training and courses developed by our own Jumbo Academy;
- A workplace at our very own Jumbo Tech Campus.
Become your very own carreer’s entrepeneur and apply before 18 October for the Junior Data Scientist position. After that,