Are you looking for a role that combines analytical skill & insight development with delivering real value adding change? Do you love problem solving & working with data but want to use those skills to lead change rather than just fulfil requirements? Do you want to be involved in the biggest technology change of the decade in the UK? If so, then this is the role for you…
You will join Asda Business Services' Retail Business Intelligence team within the Analytics and Future pillar as we move to revolutionise & democratise the use of data in our organisation. You will support & take a lead on projects that utilise the huge array of data our business holds to improve retail processes to drive the market share & profitability of Asda.
You will develop & deliver clear, actionable analytics to a range of stakeholders in our retail function & realise business benefits in availability, sales growth, waste reduction & profitability.
- As part of the Retail BI team, you will learn and use specialist tools to extract needed data
- Work with partners in retail to answer data related queries and keep track of trends
- Develop specific, actionable automated queries to identify trends
- Support & lead change implementation through stakeholders to make data accessibility more efficient
- Research new ways to make use of data
- Within the wider BI team help shape the overall BI suite of reporting & data ecosystem
- Support the wider BI team in delivering the overall change program
- Push yourself & the team to continuously improve performance through learning & development
- Producing reports communicating trends within data to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Present information generated from data to stake holders and business partners
- Lead from the front with Future as we look to rebuild and streamline our data eco system
The ideal candidate loves data, is focussed on their own development & has a passion for embracing change & technology. Your key strengths will include…
- A high level of mathematical ability and the ability to analyse, model and interpret data
- A methodical and logical approach with the ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Experience of delivering reporting and analytics that have delivered value and helped make decisions
- A pro-active and inquisitive approach to identifying opportunities to improve working processes and systems, having the confidence to question the status quo
- Power BI report development and/or insight provision
- SQL experience
- Passion about Business Intelligence, recognising the potential to drive decision making and storytelling through quality accessible data
- An ability to manage a complex workload of projects & deliver insight quickly when opportunities present themselves
Work Where it Works. Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email email@example.com