We are looking for a Data scientist, Customer Insights.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Collects internal and external data for assigned projects. Able to perform data manipulation and exploration tasks required to fully evaluate customer characteristics and help the leadership make informed business decisions for assigned projects; Managing the coding and/or extraction of data to conduct thorough analysis.
- Ability to understand the business insight through data analysis and building of models and other analytics.
- Understanding data analysis projects by external consultants; being able to replicate their codes and processes in other languages if required.
- Developing and analysing statistical and mathematical models on business opportunities; developing forecasting models for customer growth, loss and usage based on historical customer behaviour, existing market data and business projections; identifying key trends and data characteristics within the data sets that require further investigation; and using analysis to generate business recommendations (e.g., to improve profitability, to find more customers).
- Help create and maintain a suite of advanced analytical/machine learning libraries that can help detect patterns within our customer data; outline all structured and unstructured data elements required to fully evaluate customer characteristics and make informed business decisions for assigned projects;
- Ensure close collaboration with the Voice of Customer team within Customer Insights to ensure scaling up and interpretation of the wide variety of customer level feedback received through various channels (both structured parameters as well as unstructured free form feedback text/voice recordings)
Proactively pursues professional development activities (e.g., learning new tools, techniques)
Performs internal trainings, process documents, knowledge sharing etc. as requested by the Customer Insights leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field with 4+ years’ experience OR Post Graduate degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Management or related field with 3+ years’ experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the machine learning / Artificial Intelligence / Advanced analytics space, who demonstrates:
- Strong teamworking skills.
- Strong foundation in statistical methodologies (e.g., linear/logistic regression, Segmentation/classification techniques.)
- Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis languages (e.g. Python/SAS/SQL/Spark/Hive etc.) as well as data visualization platforms (Tableau, PowerBI etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, organized; proactive self-starter and a team player.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- Utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Preferred: Minimum 4 years of experience in the machine learning / Artificial Intelligence / Advanced analytics space, who demonstrates, including:
- Experience in a Business to Business setting a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced consultative role a plus
- Experience developing analysis to support Sales and Service a plus.
- You like to collaborate in a global and continuously changing environment
- You are able to work with local as well as remote and vendor team members
- You take ownership and make the required judgements whenever necessary
- You like learning and building competencies in new tools and statistical techniques whenever required.
- You embrace analytic thinking and work meticulously
- You enjoy working in a fun, innovative, demanding and dynamic environment.
- Good understanding of the challenges in translation of business needs to analytical and machine learning solutions and algorithms
- Comfortable in explaining and defending his/her ideas and analysis, while still able to recognize the merits of others’ opinions.
- Demonstrating commitment and results-oriented attitude.
- Fluent in English, both written & spoken.
- Obsessed by quality and passionate about his/her work.