As a highly collaborative organization, our data engineers work cross-functionally with software engineering, data science, and product management to optimize growth, strategy, and experience for our 3 billion plus users, as well as our internal employee community. In this role, you will see a direct correlation between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. Beyond this, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll have a unique opportunity to solve some of the most interesting data challenges with efficiency and integrity, at a scale few companies can match.
Data Engineer, Product Analytics Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products to solve well-scoped problems
- Identify the data needed for a business problem and implement logging required to ensure availability of data, while working with data infrastructure to triage issues and resolve
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights in a meaningful way
- Build data expertise and leverage data controls to ensure privacy, security, compliance, data quality, and operations for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build and launch new data models and visualizations in production, leveraging common development toolkits
- Independently design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production, mentoring others around efficient queries
- Support existing processes running in production and implement optimized solutions with limited guidance
- Define and manage SLA for data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of work experience in data engineering
- Experience with SQL, ETL, data modeling, and at least one programming language (e.g., Python, C++, C#, Scala, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following: data processing automation, data quality, data warehousing, data governance, business intelligence, data visualization, data privacy
- Experience working with terabyte to petabyte scale data
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.