WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
About HBO Max
HBO Max® is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer platform, offering best in class quality entertainment. HBO Max features the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences from the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and much more. The streaming platform launched in the United States in May 2020 before expanding to 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean in June 2021. In the second half of this year, HBO Max is coming to European territories with further launches planned for 2022.
You will focus on conceptualizing customer data stories into relevant actionable insights and communicate across the HBO Europe business. Your goal will be to enable internal stakeholders to make data driven decisions based on solid statistics. The position will be placed in Stockholm (preferably or EMEA) and will require flexibility to travel. You will be reporting to the Head of Data & Business Intelligence and work alongside the marketing, technology, content, and product departments across HBO Europe.
What will you be doing?
- Apply analytics expertise to deepen the understanding of how people consume entertainment on HBO Europe platforms, and the role of marketing, content, technology plays in this consumption.
- Influence and drive the way the company consume data and insights through highly usable and visual data analysis products.
- Monitor key Europe level subscriber metrics, through trend analysis, to understand the root causes of changes in key performance indicators, identify solutions and drive action across a matrix organization.
- Ensure data accuracy through the development data quality metrics and come up with tools to proactively detect, correct and prevent invalid data values.
- Keep abreast of the evolving world of analytics capacities and the tools that deliver best in class solutions – identify when and how to implement internally.
To be a contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
- Solid background in statistical analysis and modelling, holding broad domain ownership for + good experience in consumer media, digital marketing and entertainment.
- An engineering-minded analyst with a strong background in providing analysis and building analytical tools. You are also have experience with machine learning and data mining.
- Demonstrated expertise in the technical and business sides of analytics, you have deep understanding of and structured approach in the intricacies of solving any data problems.
- Expert at querying and manipulating data for analysis and visualization through using SQL, R, Python etc.
- An analytical expert who can tell a story with data, as well as visualize it with a variety of tools.
- We are looking for someone who strives to turn complex data cases, into succinct communication stories that drive competitive edge within the fast evolving SVOD entertainment sector.
- Not only talented, but curious, tenacious, persistent, and industrious. Who thrives from getting back to the start of building and developing reporting competencies.
- A good understanding of how to build data to assist stakeholder in making data driven decisions
- Very comfortable putting together data stories in the various tools in the office suite
- A strong understanding of dimensional warehouse data models, building data marts and logic to deliver automated relevant reporting.
- You have a degree linked to mathematics, marketing and/or statistics
Don’t have an up-to-date CV? That is fine with us. Send over what you have, and we can go from there together.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.