He/She integrates and prepares large and varied datasets, and models complex business problems. He/She discovers business insights and identifies opportunities using statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. He/She assists with architecting specialized database and computing environments, developing methodologies, performing analysis, summarizing results and developing conclusions. He/She possesses a combination of analytic, machine learning, data mining and statistical skills as well as experience with algorithms and coding. He/She has a deep passion for analyzing and resolving complex business problems. He/She displays an intellectual curiosity about the business needs as well as the capability to engage with stakeholders to understand business issues.
- Assists in the conceptualization of analytical projects
- Maintain project plans and status reports for all incoming and active projects
- Provide subject matter expertise to stakeholders throughout the whole analytics lifecycle
- Prepare documentation to outline data sources, models and algorithms used and developer
- Drive data collection efforts
- Assist with developing new data-discovery tools
- Extract data from data sources
- Propose new uses for existing data sources and structures
- Integrate multiple data sets to build large and complex data sets
- Apply programming abilities to build software to scrub, combine, and manage data from a variety of sources
- Apply data mining techniques and programming skills to investigate leads, identify patterns and regularities in data
- Develop data models based on advanced statistical modelling, data mining, and machine learning methods
- Implement automated processes for efficiently producing scale models
- Identify areas of improvement of current processes, products/services or analytical models
- Assist with the development of actionable recommendations
- Develop compelling, logically structured presentations including story telling of research/analytics findings
- Guide stakeholders on how to act on findings
Min. 5-7 years experienced working on business intelligence/analytics related projects area of Data Analyst/ Data Engineer/ Data Visualiser/ Data Scientist
PHD/Masters/Bachelors in Economics, Statistics/ Biostatistics/ Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Operation Research, Physics or other quantitative disciplines.
Deep understanding of statistical modelling, machine learning, or data mining, text mining concepts and a track record of solving problems with these methods.
Proficient in tools such as R/SAS/SPSS/Python.
Excellent communication, relationship skills and a strong team player.
Experience in big data techniques (such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, and Spark), deep learning, and any BI/Visualisation tool (such as Informatica, MS SQL, SQL, OBIEE, Tableau, and D3.js) is a plus.