Drive fact-based and data driven decision making at Telenet by translating data into actional business insights and reporting to monitor, understand and improve our business performance and customer experience.
As a leading telecommunications and entertainment company with its two feet in the digitization of our society, Telenet is eager to bring aboard data-minded personalities that share our passion for turning data into value for our customers and shareholders. We are looking for a Data Analyst to become a part of our Data & Insights Chapter who will use data to support, challenge and inspire our business with actionable information and insights about our customers.
Key overall responsibility is to work with the business teams to take fact-based and data-driven decisions on high impact topics. This typically includes the following activities:
- Identify and prioritize business data use cases: work with business leaders to identify and prioritize problems that can be solved through data and analytics
- Act as the link pin between the technical and business roles, translate the information requirements into functional specifications, ensuring all essential data analysis functionalities are embedded.
- Translate source data and business requirements into conceptual and logical data models that are fit for purpose and future-proof
- Act as a data champion, ensuring data quality measures and data governance are implemented correctly
- Test, document, communicate and educate business stakeholders on new data capabilities and assets, showcasing how they can enable business problem solving through data analytics.
- Support your business colleagues to increase their self-service insights capabilities
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (Business Engineering, Applied Economics, Computer Sciences, Information Management…) or equivalent by experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a data analyst, business insights, business intelligence or similar role
- Able to interconnect different data information needs and business processes and translating this into a future proof data solution
- Good knowledge of SQL, MS Excel, Qlik Sense or similar tools
- Relevant knowledge of and experience with requirements gathering, functional analysis, data modelling
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to influence decision makers
- Flexible, collaborative and results driven mindset: enthusiastic to work in a very dynamic & changing environment, committed and business savvy to navigate the potential technical or organizational roadblocks
- Fluent in English and Dutch/French
- Experience in working in an agile organization is a plus
- Domain knowledge and experience in a business function in Telecom, Entertainment or similar industries is a plus
What we offer
- A position in an innovative, healthy and ambitious organization which is committed to put data intelligence at the core of its business
- The chance to further develop your career as part of a dynamic, enthusiastic and results-driven team of peers – Telenet has track record of fast career paths for top performers
- An attractive compensation & benefits package, including a personal development plan
As a provider of media, telecommunications and entertainment services in Belgium, Telenet is always looking for the ideal experience in the digital world for all of its residential and business customers. We are committed to be the leading provider of converged connected entertainment and business solutions in Belgium. We offer seamless connectivity, inspiring entertainment and superior business solutions. And in everything we do, we try to ‘wow’ our customers. Our goal is simple: making work and life easier and happier.