Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Warsaw, Poland or remote from Poland
As a key member of the Equinix’s IT Data Science team you will be setting standards in designing, building, scaling and operating innovative end to end machine learning solutions as well as data collection, data wrangling and data transformation for data coming from various source systems. You will own the modeling pipeline end to end of various projects and experiments. You will also drive the design, development, implementation and maintenance of various Machine Learning solutions and data products built by our team.
Job Profile Summary
Work with various team members of Analytics and Data Science team to design, develop and deploy various ML/AI solutions. You will not only work on architecting and designing your projects but also influence the design of other projects as well. You will also be concentrating on data discovery and researching new use cases that will bring value to the company. The role is hands on individual contributor role.
- ML/AI: You will be fully owning the design, development of various machine learning usecases using machine learning techniques.
- Exploration/Experimentation: We thrive on innovation. You will be working with cutting edge of tools and technologies in our Data / Machine Learning platform. You will constantly be trying to find an optimized/better solution of solving the AI usecases. You will experiment with latest and brightest ideas and approaches.
- Massive data: You will wrangle / examine, experiment with massive structured and unstructured data to solve machine learning problems to create value for Equinix.
- Production deployment: You will be working closely with our machine learning engineering team for integration and deployment of the machine learning solutions into production where your ideas will come to life.
- Optimization: You will work on unique and different ideas to optimize a solution and achieve state-of-the-art results.
- Collaboration: Coordinate and work with cross functional teams, sometimes located at different geo locations.
- Computer Science fundamentals: You have earned at least a B.S. (MS / PhD desired) in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Applied Math/ Operational Research or related degree and you have a strong ethos of continuous learning.
- Experience: You have 5+ years of professional software development experience with languages and systems such as Python and version control (GIT), with good analytical & debugging skills. You have 3+ years in building machine learning solutions.
- Data manipulation: Deep interest in understanding the datasets related to the projects, spot and communicate data quality issues, knowledge of different feature engineering techniques to feed models with the best possible data.
- Languages & Tools: Experience in developing solutions in Python is a requirement. Experience in SQL is a must.
- Cloud environments: You have working knowledge of cloud environments like GCP (preferred), AWS or other cloud data platforms.
- Project management: You demonstrate excellent project and time management skills, exposure to scrum or other agile practices in JIRA.
- Fluent in English.
- Explainable AI: Experience with model interpretability (lime, shapley and similar).
- AutoML: Experience and interest to work with AutoML software (like H2O Driverless AI, GCP AutoML or others).
- Deep Learning: Experience with deep learning and knowledge of different architectures in the fields of supervised, unsupervised and/or reinforcement learning.
- Software development: Knowledge of software development good practices like debugging, testing, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
Successful candidate will
- Be a talent multiplier who gets the team around them to excel
- Be persistent, creative and driven to get results relentlessly
- Exhibit a strong backbone to challenge the status quo, when needed
- Exhibit a high level of curiosity, keeping abreast of the latest trends & technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything undertaken