Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Earlier this year, adidas decided to elevate the Data & Analytics function, moving from a tech service to a value-oriented business function that actively and directly impacts adidas’ P&L.
The Data & Analytics function will include a Brand Advanced Analytics team, which will work hand in hand with the Global Brands organization on strategically relevant use cases that have the potential to deliver substantial value and redefine the way that the Global Brands function operates.
For example, the Brand Advanced Analytics team will build data science products to enable rapid creation timelines at scale, create a global range proposal and automate above-market processes for the new HYPE organization.
The Senior Data Scientists in the Brand Advanced Analytics team will lead the development of data science methods for specific use cases across the full analytics lifecycle: from defining the business & data understanding to data preparation, modeling, evaluation, and deployment.
- Lead the development of data science methods for specific Global Brands use cases
- Continuously improve our methodologies and challenge the status quo, raising the standards for faster delivery
- Co-design, improve and automate the data science platform and our machine learning pipeline to facilitate our data science activities and service use cases
Data science network and storytelling
- Develop and nurture a data science network, both within and outside of adidas, to ensure that best practices and innovations are disseminated across the company
- Present and promote results and insights to adidas colleagues at all levels, including senior stakeholders
- Develop and mentor junior data scientists
- Create an inclusive working environment
- Manage the relationships with the Global Brands business owner and project team, ensuring their views and requirements are captured
- Act as the ambassador for your use case, showcasing the key functionalities, driving adoption and assuring operational excellence together with IT peers
- Global Brand use case project team
- Other teams within Data & Analytics (e.g., Data Assets, Data Platforms, Data Governance, Market Teams)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Education & Professional Experience
- Ideally a university degree in a numeric/statistical discipline
- At least 7 years work experience, preferably in a data science or analytics environment
- Proven track record or working with senior stakeholders
- Hard skills
- Proficiency in data science methods (including supervised techniques, unsupervised techniques, recommender systems)
- Proficiency in at least two of the standard data science programming languages (e.g., Python, R, Java, Scala, Octave)
- Solid understanding of relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) required to scale and sustain use cases in a large and global corporation
- Soft skills
- Impeccable and to-the-point written and oral communication skills (English)
- Comfortable in presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels
- Proven team player that can collaborate across functions and organizations
- Ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships
- High resilience and solution-oriented attitude