- Work with truly big data & real-time data
- Work with Spark, AWS, Python, Kubernetes, etc.
- Fast-pace of a start-up, but strong growth, revenue and backing from an internat
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join a fast-growth location analytics company with offices in Australia and Asia Pac. The team is off to a great start for FY22 and are looking to build their Data Engineering team, ideally someone with great autonomy and has a broad understanding across different technology stacks.
The environment is fast-paced and you will be involved in both the core location data platform as well as helping public & private companies leverage this for varied use-cases.The ideal candidate:
- This is a very autonomous role which will see you take responsibility for end-to-end solution design, deployment, implementation and post-production support.
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of experience in production Apache Spark environments (could be Databricks, AWS (with EC2/S3/Lambda highly regarded) MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Azure)
- Any real-time, streaming big data experience would be highly valuable
- Other related technologies (e.g. SQL, Teradata, Hadoop, GIS/geospatial data, Hive, Spark Streaming, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Scala, Tableau, Kafka) and APIs are highly valued
- Excellent soft skills and communication with data science peers, other engineers, business stakeholders
- Start-up / flat-structured business, but with problems and data at huge scale!
- Very exciting data-sets with varied use-cases!
- A rare opportunity to leverage skills on both technology and business sides - this is an engineering role working closely with data scientists, product managers and strategy!
- Modern tech and data science stacks - the scale of data and opportunity to work with streaming and near real-time data!
We are already interviewing - if this opportunity looks fitting for you, please apply with your CV / Cover Letter or profile and we will arrange a more in-depth chat with shortlisted applicants.