IGT (NYSE:IGT) is a global leader in gaming. We deliver entertaining and responsible gaming experiences for players across all channels and regulated segments, from Lotteries and Gaming Machines to Sports Betting and Digital. Leveraging a wealth of compelling content, substantial investment in innovation, player insights, operational expertise, and leading-edge technology, our solutions deliver unrivaled gaming experiences that engage players and drive growth. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has approximately 10,500 employees. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
- Knowledge of building DS solutions end to end, from discovery to production and maintenance
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Professional experience working with database developers and data engineers to ensure the data points are optimally tuned for machine learning algorithms and data science applications.
- Solid experience using open source technologies (Linux, PostgreSQL, R, Python) to support predictive analytics activities and outputs.
- Proven ability to solve business problems, handle conflicts, anticipate issues/concerns, troubleshoot issues, and proactively institute creative solutions quickly and in detail.
- Exposure to MLOps (Machine Learning pipelines) in production is an advantage.
- Exposure to distributed processing systems for big data workloads is an advantage (Spark, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Hadoop,).
- Translate business needs into data science problem statements to develop predictive analytics models and applications.
- Explore both, internal and external data sources to proactively identify opportunities for innovation to deliver data-centric business insights that support business decisions
- Manage the delivery of PoC projects and work with the Reporting & Analytics Lead to formulate the business case for any new and innovative products and applications.
- Manage the transition of data science projects into business as usual applications.
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics
- A strong data science background with experience working as a Data Scientist
- Experience with data scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R etc.)
- Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
- Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
- Leadership: The ability to mentor, guide and inspire your colleagues and drive best practices across the company
- Stakeholder Management: The ability to recognise dependencies, build relationships and influence others
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse large datasets and work with relational database systems.
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as R or Python for analytical purpose.
- Stats: Understanding the basics of appropriate statistical and machine learning techniques.
Keys to Success
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.