This position is open to remote work from any of the following states: CA, DC, FL, IL. MA, MD, MI, MO, NJ, NY, PA, TN, and TX.
Who we are
Verve Group’s consumer-first advertising suite is a leader in consolidating data, demand and supply technologies to create better business outcomes for advertisers and publishers. With a privacy-first approach, Verve Group’s full-stack programmatic solutions are built for brand-safe environments and trusted by top 100 advertisers with direct connections to 4,000+ publishers and apps globally. Verve Group is part of Media and Games Invest (MGI) and has an international presence with 20+ offices worldwide. Learn more at www.verve.com.
The Data Engineering team is looking for a self-driven, software engineering professional. Candidates must have solid foundational skills and professional experience working on/developing large-scale data processing systems. They must be able to work with business and technical stakeholders to accurately define requirements and quickly turn around solutions that balance time-to-market concerns with solid engineering/operational principles in a geographically diverse environment. In addition to development responsibilities, candidates will be expected to provide 2nd/3rd tier operational support.
We are looking for someone who wants to build data pipelines and won’t shy away from playing the detective for some data analysis once in a while.
- Interact with stakeholders to define actionable requirements/deliverables, balancing business value with time-to-market
- Interact with project management to define deliverables and accurate timelines
- Provide 2nd/3rd tier support, in collaboration with business and other technical teams
- Master current tools/technologies, and introduce new tools/technologies as gaps in functionality/performance/operability are identified
- Appreciate solving big-data problems that ensure Verve Group remains a market leader
- 3-5 years professional software development experience
- 3-5 years data engineering experience
- Solid SQL skills
- Git experience preferred
- Maven/Gradle or similar build environment tools
- 2+ years professional experience working with/developing for Hadoop 2.x and/or Spark
- Professional experience working with/developing for distributed data stores (Snowflake, BigQuery, Couchbase, etc)
- Professional experience working with RDBMS (MySQL, PostGres, etc)
- Experience working in AWS and/or GCP
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX system
- Work authorization in the US
What We Offer
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Responsibility, independence, and an opportunity to participate in projects that have a significant impact on Verve Group’s success
- Work with data that is ACTUALLY big (10s - 100s of Tbs)
- Plenty of flexibility in tech/tooling (if you can justify it)
- Great work-life balance
Verve Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interested? - Please submit your 1-Page CV online + Github, Stack Overflow, blog or Twitter link if you have one.