Bally’s Interactive is the digital arm of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, Bally’s Corporation, with tens of millions of players across the globe and big plans always in the works. Our brands and sites include market movers and shakers like SportsCaller, Monkey Knife Fight, Vera&John, Virgin Casino, Jackpotjoy and many more. We make our mark by embracing the diversity of our global team, challenging ourselves, and striving to make a difference for our players.
As an integral part of the Data Engineering team, you will be instrumental in delivering core Data components and a wide range of real-time Data pipelines for Inbound/Outbound integrations for our online and land-based sources. You will get to work with large data sets and get an opportunity to apply the latest Big Data technologies and patterns on a range of Cloud and On-Premise Data environments.
We are looking for a person who:
- Develops quality code that is well tested, maintainable and meets the requirements of our users.
- Is interested in what the data can show us and is keen to understand the business context around the data.
- Has a high level of attention to detail and can objectively review their own work as well as peer review other team member’s code.
- Contribute towards the self-organisation of the team through Agile/Scrum ceremonies and continual improvements to the way the team works.
- Produces clear and concise documentation.
Competencies and Experience Required:
- Strong SQL/Data Warehousing experience
- Strong backend development skills using languages such as Java, Python, etc.
- Query optimization, resource allocation and management, and Data Lake performance tuning (Parquet, Delta, Spark)
- Building robust Data pipelines using open-source Data frameworks such as Spark, Beam, Airflow, etc.
- Experience in one or more major cloud vendors (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience with Databricks ecosystem.
- Knowledge of TDD and CI/CD
- Experience with agile principles.
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, Pulsar, Flink etc.
- Experience in Monitoring and Alerting.
What's in it for You:
- Competitive salary with annual performance bonus
- 5% pension contribution for 4% personal contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance
- Monthly wellness program
- 25 days holiday
- Access to exciting educational opportunities (internal, conferences, courses, certifications)
- Need something for your home office? Whether it’s a new mouse, desk or chair, we’re here to support you with a productive and safe home working space
- Remote friendly environment giving you flexibility to work from home and office
We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.
This is Bally's Interactive and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.