Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.Job Summary
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our Engineering and Operations team. Engineers are responsible for but not limited to:Job Description
- Assisting with building the ETL pipelines, supporting on-call rotation, bug fixes and enhancements.
- Tech stack includes Teradata, Informatica, UC4, Linux, Snowflake, MinIO, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS and Databricks.
- Performs basic research on root cause of technical problems.
- Perform engineering tasks such as database design, data manipulation, ETL, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis.
- Resolve technical issues, as assigned by management, utilizing knowledge of policies and processes.
- Helps to solve critical issues and shares knowledge such as trends, aggregate, quantity and volume regarding specific data sources.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables to develop relational models.
- Acts as a liaison between business owners and technical associates to ensure the data collected and processed is both actionable and relevant to the end goals.
- Collaborates with technology and platform management partners to optimize data sourcing and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
An ideal candidate will have good knowledge or 1+ years of experience in Data pipelines, Teradata application development, strong SQL skills, Informatica and knowledge of utilities like TPT, FASTLOAD etc.
Candidate should be driven and demonstrate willingness to learn new technologies
We are a highly collaborative team; we partner with data stewards and architects to design optimized data solutions that are generally available company-wide, leveraged by our team of analysts, and feed dashboards built by our reporting team.
Candidates should be self-directed and comfortable moving between multiple projects as needs change.
If you are looking to grow your technical expertise, and gain experience in leading and developing junior team members we would like to hear from you.Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.Education
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.