Overview:As a Data Analyst-Business Intelligence
, you would support our Customer Contact Center by providing maintenance and development of the reporting processes and applications utilized by TDS Telecom's Customer Contact Operations (CCO). You would with management and end user community to develop a clear understanding of user information needs, prioritize the user requests according to business impacts and translate the user requirements into the appropriate report programs.
Additionally, if you have sufficient experience for the Sr Data Analyst-Business Intelligence
position, you would support the MSCO Contact Center by continuously developing, monitoring and analyzing a broad spectrum of operational data related to contact center call processing efficiency and employee performance. You would work with independent judgment and decision making in accordance with broad objectives established by leadership related to special projects and/or recurring duties. You would take direction and assist management in developing recommendations to improve reporting and the implementation of new tools.***Please note this position may be hired as a Data Analyst-Business Intelligence or a Sr Data Analyst-Business Intelligence, based on experience.***TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom/TDS®)
delivers high-speed internet, TV entertainment, and phone services to nearly 900 rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities across the U.S. With more than 1.2 million connections, TDS is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States. Powered by fiber-optics and new industry-leading technologies, TDS delivers up to 1 Gigabit internet speeds and offers internet-protocol based TV entertainment solutions along with traditional phone services. TDS also offers businesses VoIP advanced communications solutions, dedicated internet service, data networking, and hosted-managed services. Visit tdstelecom.com.Responsibilities:
- Maintains and expands upon current contact center reporting systems/applications. Develops new reporting applications with focus on providing actionable data.
- Troubleshoots issues with existing contact center reporting systems/applications, provides root cause analysis, and recommends and implements enhancements to reduce frequency of ongoing errors.
- Ensures reporting accuracy through full scope QA testing.
Communicates and follows up with customers to develop requirements and ensure information requests meet or exceed business needs. Works proactively to uncover and identify management reporting needs with each request.
- Effectively leads the translation of business requirements into specific management reporting and information deliverables to meet customer expectations.
- Maintains a basic level understanding of the internal TDS databases relationships.
- Demonstrates system knowledge appropriate for the business units
Long term initiatives:
- Proactively identifies ways to continuously improve reporting applications utilizing new technologies and develops strategies for design and implementation of those applications in order to effectively support the business
- Acts as a liaison for interdepartmental meetings with reporting teams throughout TDS to ensure our team is following proper coding standards and to help to drive consistency in reporting across business unit
Qualifications:Required QualificationsData Analyst-Business Intelligence
Sr. Data Analyst-Business Intelligence
- Associate’s degree or higher OR 2+ years professional work experience.
- 2+ year experience in the area of Relational Database Reporting Languages such as: SQL, PSQL, or TSQL OR experience programming with either Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), c#, asp.net or any object-oriented programming languages.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher OR 4+ years professional work experience.
- 4+ years experience in a role supporting the development of technical standards, reporting or supporting a large database or computer application(s) OR 2+ years of experience working in an internal reporting position.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, including MS Access.
- Experience with data visualization software, such as Tableau.
- Experience working in an Object Oriented Programming language.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks and learn rapidly in a new environment.
- A working knowledge of SQL concepts such as stored procedures, CTEs, DDL, and DML.
- Excellent PC skills, good understanding of networking and database connectivity.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-energy environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt communication styles to meet the needs of all internal customers.
- Well-developed conceptual thinking skills including good intuition and the ability to make educated decisions based on user needs.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.Equal Opportunity Employer
At TDS, we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. We are stronger together!