Data Engineer (Pentaho)The Team:
We are the premier provider of data feed products to the global investment community. As we continue to expand our coverage - not only in the US, but Europe and Asia as well - and improve our products and solutions, it is increasingly important to complement our best-in-class services with an exceptional organization of people.
We pursue excellence in everything we do. We value results, encourage teamwork, and embrace change. Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, develop, and implement CRM and Oracle Financial Cloud applications for the organization wide needs.The Impact:
As a Pentaho Data Engineer who works in our Business System Analyst role you will use your extensive Pentaho Platform skills to help lead and improve the S&P Global Platforms. You will make strategic decisions on the future state of the platform, as well as lead large Platform wide projects on all facets of the Pentaho application.What’s in it for you:
This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally in this role. This is the place to learn and enhance your skills while having the chance to work on enterprise level products and new technologies & use your technical project management skills to lead large projects end to end in an Agile environment across one or multiple OTC teams. We invest in the right technology and people, so we can turn raw data into actionable insights. That is why we are critical to governments, companies, and individuals the world over. Our systems support the operational Excellence in all that we do.Responsibilities
What We’re Looking For
- Responsible for end-to-end implementation of Pentaho -KTR scripts.
- Should be able to perform data extraction, data loading solving the errors, checking filter criteria.
- Understanding on the steps - input, output, and connection to database.
- Understanding on job/transformation, inspecting the data.
- Understanding on salesforce basics - fields, objects, and lookups.
- Knowledge on schema, database, views.
- Provide technical knowledge/expertise to support the requirements definition, design, and development of data warehouse components/subsystems, specifically Extract-Transform Load or Extract-Load-Transform technologies and implementations and/or Change Data Capture technologies and implementations.
- Getting fallout report and analyzing the bugs and errors, should understand how to get output file.
- Research, design, develop, and modify the ETL and related database functions, implementing changes/enhancements to the system.
- Design ETL processes and develop source to target transformations, and load processes.
- Develop, test, integrate and deploy Kettle transformations including performing configuration management activities related to the ETL/CDC environment.
- Resolve requests for assistance in troubleshooting issues assigned to the team.
- Support functional/regression testing activities in support of system functionality releases, patches, and upgrades.
- Support Production jobs and debug for any issues during Failures, perform the RCA for failure and fix the issue to resume the operations.
- Knowledge in scheduling tools like TWS, Informatica Schedulers.
- Analyze process improvement areas/recommend changes to processes/procedures for efficiencies/cost-savings/etc.
- Work in partnership with key business users, identify potential ways of improving the efficiency and/or effectiveness of current business operations
- Build a deep technical understanding of how the business operates departmental/divisional structure, functions, processes, procedures, and current application functionality
- Assist with the design of Pentaho solutions and project planning. Add value in all stages of project work (definition, development, deployment)
- Strong background in Pentaho.
- Must know how to migrate data from using tools like data loader, work bench, dataloader.io to perform data migration.
- Lead & Coordinate with QA, UAT and Go-Live Activities.
- Thorough knowledge of delivering projects in an agile scrum environment
- Able to provide leadership, participate and be a productive member of the team.
- Must be able to manage time with multitasking.
- Must be able to review the code related to customization as well that of integration.
- Be the lead subject matter expert in driving the industry best practices for the CRM ecosystem and associated integrated tools.
- Experience with Developing and maintaining Code using Pentaho Data Integration.
- Experience in Developing Pentaho Data integrations for integrations with Salesforce, Flat files, MS SQL server, Oracle, and Other Applications.
- Experience working with salesforce Data objects, its Validations and writing soql queries to extract data from salesforce
- Prior experience of Transforming data from a Legacy Salesforce and Zuora implementation to Salesforce CPQ and Billing modules implementation using Pentaho Data Integrations.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Experience with Designing Large scale data integration solutions with high performance.
- Knowledge of Oracle applications and performing Integrations with them.
- Knowledge on Zuora Subscription and Billing model is a plus.
- Experience working in Agile methodology and able to deliver code within stipulated time.
- Experience in writing Performance efficient complex SQL queries, Stored procedures in Microsoft sql server and tuning existing queries and Procedures.
- Performing Unit testing, and code deployments and Maintenance activities on existing code
- Performing Load runs to Higher environments and Resolving any Bugs identified.
- Experience working with or having knowledge on other ETL tools like Informatica is a plus
Return to Work:
- At least 4+ years of experience in working, designing, testing, and deploying ETL and/or CDC solutions (utilizing Pentaho Data Integration).
- Strong initiator and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop new skills to maintain technical currency.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, troubleshooting, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data, and rule relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated listening, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cross-functionally, including in high-pressure situations.
- Recommends development and configuration strategies received minimal guidance Uses subject-matter expertise to advise others.
- Experience with Data warehouse technologies including ETL Data transformations.
- Experience in best practices design of ETL implementations in a high-volume environment, including ETL software, database, and tuning.
- Experience in best practices design of Data Transformations and Loads to Salesforce CPQ environments.
- Willing to work in night shift.
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.Grade/Level:
9About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)Job ID:
Bucharest, Bucureşti, Romania