As one of Australia’s largest listed companies, we’re proud of our longstanding contribution to Australians. Wesfarmers achievements are deeply rooted in the desire to continually reinvent ourselves for the brands we stand behind, destinations that many Aussies call home. Think retailers like Bunnings, Kmart, Target, Catch and Officeworks. Our work doesn’t stop there, we operate in the industrials sector which supplies the nation with chemicals, energy and fertilisers, and industrial and safety products.
Join the team of industry leaders in our Advanced Analytics Centre
With plans to transform the Australian retail and industrial landscape, comes a big responsibility. We see a future where we are leaders in the data and digital space. It’s why we’ve been working hard to accelerate the development of data, digital and analytics capabilities across our businesses. We’re building a shared data asset for strategic use cases, right in the heart of Melbourne at our Advanced Analytics Centre – a space designed for the best and brightest as they shape our data and digital journey.
We’re focused on harnessing the power of data and transforming it into meaningful insights that enhance our customer experience, strengthen our businesses, and help them pursue new growth opportunities. That’s where you come in.
Our talented and agile team of data scientists, engineers and analytics leads co-create and solve complex problems. It’s innovation, to create better experiences for our customers. It’s adding real value, that supports decision making across the Wesfarmers Group, and its transformational work, that’ll change the industries we operate in.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our brand new Melbourne CBD offices.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and optimise our data and data pipeline architecture
- Establish effective processes around
- Data flow and collection
- Data assets and feature stores creation
- Data assets productionisation and API deployment
- Create scalable data pipelines
- Establish strong and effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Partner with cross-functional teams to effectively pilot and productionise solutions into business processes
What you’ll need
- Tertiary qualifications in a Computer Science, Applied Statistics or a quantitative discipline (Software Engineering is a plus)
- Experience working as a Data Engineer within a large, complex environment
- Demonstrated capabilities in data ingestion, data modelling, data solution and data warehousing
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, Kubernetes will be highly regarded
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- A genuine interest and passion to learn and develop new skills
Nice to have’s
- Experience in deploying API’s
- Experience in data architecture
Why we think you’ll love working here
More than a job, this is an opportunity to make a strategic impact and accelerate your personal growth with an organisation committed to offering you a great place to work.
With us you’ll:
- Accelerate our data journey. We’ve worked hard at building an environment for you to lead change. It’s an opportunity to intellectually stretch yourself as you work with one of the largest data sets in the country on a variety of complex problems that will make a big impact.
- Be backed to succeed. With data and digital being a key priority for our CEO and our company having a clear data-driven vision, your work is more than an initiative, it’s a game changer. In addition, you’ll have access to leading-edge technology and be encouraged and supported in your development, which enables you to achieve great things.
- Work with the best and brightest. In a community of industry-leading innovators with a diverse and deep set of skills and experience, you will learn, collaborate, and co-create to achieve results.
- Benefit from variety and balance. Combine your thought-leading approach and hands-on expertise as you collaborate on projects across our businesses. Owning your craft, this role allows you to find the right balance between stretch and sustainability, work and life.
The way we work
We’re results focused, but we’re a business that cares. Here we are less about titles and more about everyone playing a valuable role. We provide autonomy and space with freedom to operate, quickly learning from mistakes because we know they are part of the way forward. We’re curious, open minded, and collaborative. And although we’re thought leaders, we’re humble, and willing to share knowledge and learn from one another.
We know that diversity fosters greater innovation and better customer connection, so we strive to create an inclusive and diverse work environment. This means promoting the development of our people and fostering a sense of belonging irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Our ways of working
This multi-faceted role gives you a unique opportunity to combine thought leadership with the ability to see and own the outcomes of your achievements. Whether you’re spending time guiding Group-wide strategic data and digital initiatives, helping the team explore the next-wave of data and analytics, or offering expert advice to advance our data maturity, you’ll have the opportunity to rotate through a wide variety of projects. This gives you hands-on and varied experience that will deliver tangible results. With genuine support for flexible ways of working, you’re in control of shaping your week and finding balance between time in the office to collaborate with colleagues, and time at home to make things work for you.
If this sounds like your next career move, then combine your cover letter and resume into one document and click on the ‘Apply’ button by 5 November 2021. Please note that we may commence interviewing of candidates prior to this closing date. For brief enquiries please contact Ishta Ramphul at email@example.com
We’re hiring the best and the brightest talent in Australia. Let’s start to explore the possibilities of achieving great things together.
For more information, visit our website at https://www.wesfarmers.com.au/util/careers/data-and-digital-careers