Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
In January 2021, the Company undertook a major organizational structure change to respond to the new Fashion retail environment. This includes the consolidation of the Company’s global Marketing and Branding functions, and the establishment of a new Consumer Intelligence and Experience (CIX) organization, focused on leveraging consumer insights and predictive analytics to drive personalized consumer experiences at scale.
This team manages all aspects of market research, customer segmentation, first party data build up and consumer activation (Acquisition and Retention) along the consumer journey (Media, CRM, Clienteling), for all brands and channels across our global organization.
As part of the new Global CIX organization, we are seeking for an experienced, passionate and highly motivated Senior Data Scientist who will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of customer data, and help us make data driven decisions to deliver better products, service and relevance to consumers. Your experience will be used to develop predictive models to help support the Regional CRM teams. You will work on our most complex problems and data sets and mentor others to develop their skills.THE ROLE
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Lead significant data science projects to deliver clear, relevant and actionable insight, to enable and influence CRM strategies, and integrate input from multiple team members and stakeholders.
- Work closely with our regional CRM teams to leverage advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to optimize customer interactions, enhanced personalized marketing strategies, and drive overall customer satisfaction and loyalty across channels.
- Expertise in lifetime value modelling, recommendation systems, customer segmentation and customer journey data science
- Build predictive models to forecast customer behaviour, including purchase patterns, churn likelihood, identification of life events and influence on purchase mission
- Implementation of machine learning algorithms to anticipate customer actions enabling proactive and personalized real time engagement strategies
- Employ best practices on A/B testing and experimentation to measure the value of CRM model initiatives and collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement data-driven experiments
- Monitor performance to ensure models perform as effectively as possible for continuous improvement
- Communicate algorithmic solutions in a clear, understandable way. Leverage data visualisation techniques and tools to effectively demonstrate patterns, outliers and exceptional conditions in the data
- Advise and mentor others in the profession on the appropriate statistical and data analysis tools and approaches, acting as the expert within the team.
- Extensive relevant experience in Data Science including applied statistics and machine learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised learning, natural language processing, neural networks, Bayesian statistics, time-series forecasting, collaborative filtering, and deep learning techniques)
- Experience in a consumer environment; retail, specifically in CRM, marketing and e-commerce, preferably with a luxury fashion retailer
- Track record of driving action from insight within a consumer brand
- Experience of collation, interpretation and analysis of multiple sources of data (SQL databases, APIs, web scraping) and data types
- Highly numerate & analytical with strong communication skills
- Experience with the end-to-end implementation of machine learning solutions and machine learning pipelines
- Git version control and agile methodologies
- Cloud technologies and data platforms (e.g. Dataiku, GCP, AWS, Azure)
- R or Python (Python preferable, with familiarity to ML libraries e.g. pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, tensorflow, pytorch)
- Strategic thinker with vision and the ability to see/understand the big picture, develop new ideas and think through creative solutions
- Expertise in customer data science with evidence of applied experience in this area
- Luxury or fashion sensibility
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, strong attention to detail, and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analysis
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams across multiple business segments, including results packaging and development of management presentations
- Strong hands-on experience working with real-world advanced analytics challenges and managing a complex portfolio and multiple stakeholders in a fast moving, dynamic and matrixed team and business environment
- Exceptional ability to understand complex analytics topics, translate them into relevant conclusions/deliverables, and develop and deliver meaningful presentations, visualizations, and infographics