Snap Finance is reinventing the way credit challenged customers access and re-engage in consumer finance. Available at over 30,000 merchant locations and ecommerce sites, we enable credit challenged customers to get the life necessities they need and merchants to close more sales. Since 2012, we've helped over 2 million customers access necessities such as car repair, tires, appliances and furniture with our simple lease to own and loan options.
Snap Finance is looking to strengthen its dynamic, growing analytics department. We are seeking a dedicated Data Scientist that has a passion for statistics, machine learning and solving real-world problems with robust data. The ideal candidate understands how to apply the practices of data science to understanding a problem and how to generate significant value through powerful predictive models.
- Mining, modeling, analyzing large datasets, and utilizing predictive modeling techniques with an emphasis on optimizing fraud risk analysis and prevention
- Building and validating a variety of statistical models, providing analytic support, and developing new criteria and/or strategies.
- Design experiments and processes for evaluating the performance of our fraud strategies
- Implement experiments to evaluate different fraud detection and prevention strategies
- Compiling appropriate data, applying multidimensional data aggregation and performing profile analysis to evaluate business impact
- Conducting required analyses incorporating project design, data collection and analysis, summarizing findings and presenting results in layman's terms for the business stakeholders
- Handling large volume of transaction level data utilizing your interpretive and problem-solving skills to process and efficiently derive actionable results
- Interacting with stakeholders to understand their business questions, crafting methodologies to mine/analyze datasets and ultimately deliver insightful recommendations to stakeholders
- At least 2 years working in a data science position or performing work that aligns with the required skills in another position
- M.S. in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Quantitative Social Science, Quantitative Finance or another related field.
- B.S. in the fields described above will be considered if skill set and experience are robust.
- Advanced working knowledge of one or more modeling/machine learning programming languages such as R or Python
- Solid understanding and professional experience with the following general methods:
- Classification methods (e.g., Neural Net, Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, KNN, Random Forest)
- Regression methods (e.g., Linear, Nonlinear, Boosted Regression Trees)
- Clustering methods (e.g., K-means, Fuzzy C-means, Hierarchical Clustering, Mixture Modeling)
- Ability to generate robust statistical analyses (e.g., Hypothesis testing, experimental design, hierarchical modeling, Bayesian and Frequentist methods)
- Familiarity with Fraud concepts in the financial industry
- Demonstrated ability to take data science projects from development to production
- Strong SQL skills and the ability to extract data from non-relational data sources
- Experience with additional programming languages such as C++, Java, C#, Julia
- Experience with Neo4j or other graph database technology
- Knowledge about Big Data related techniques (e.g., Map-Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curious data wrangling doer without fear of big, loosely defined problems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Team-oriented but being able to complete tasks independently at a high standard
- Structured, organized and detail oriented
- Proactive, enthusiastic and flexible
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written form
- Ability to take projects from conceptualization to implementation
Why You'll Love It Here…
- A future of growth and advancement: As a growing company, we have lots of career opportunities that allow you to develop your mentorship, training, and leadership skills
- Join us at an opportune time: We're growing fast and have an excellent trajectory within eCommerce, which gives us a great foundation to work with. You will be joining our team of talented professionals at the perfect time to shape our continued rapid growth and directly impact our future success by maintaining a high bar for quality, performance, respect, and accountability
- Generous paid time off: We encourage you to recharge and spend time with friends and family. We care about your mental health!
- Competitive benefits: Includes medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401K with company match
- Collaboration from the top-down: Check out our CEO, Matt Hawkins, and his philosophy on Snap's Values
- Direct and engaging Recognition/Appreciation: Promoted by both our culture team and leadership levels
Snap values diversity, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more by visiting our website at www.snapfinance.com