The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join us. In this role, you will be a member of the OpenShift Continuous Improvement and Operations team dedicated to supporting Red Hat OpenShift, the world's leading open hybrid cloud, to become a data driven organization. You'll be responsible for gathering, documenting, and analyzing business requirements and identifying business needs. You will work to solve business problems and when needed, design technical solutions. You will measure performance, analyze behavior and trends, build dashboards, and transform raw data into actionable insights that guide business decisions. We'll look to you to help define additional measurements as the team continues to grow so an understanding of how to define and implement organizational measurements is needed. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Gather data and insight requirements to deliver dashboards, graphs, visualizations, and supporting reports that enable teams to measure success and guide decision-making
- Translate abstract data into easily-digestible and highly-visual dashboard applications and executive-level report deliverables
- Use data mining methods to create dashboards, graphs, and visualizations to quantify decisions and enable strategic goals
- Collect and analyze stakeholder business requirements and work with appropriate stakeholders to ensure delivery
- Create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and using required or available data elements in environments like Tableau and Smartsheets
- Present data reports in venues of varying degree of technical knowledge to help explain what the data is showing
- Serve as a point of contact with business and technology teams to deploy best practices to extract, transform, and load data from a variety of data sources
- Conduct requirements gathering workshops with the Business team and stakeholders with the ability to analyze and help solve problems at their root as well as within their broader context
- Guide users in data warehousing practices and apply understanding of building relational data models; model data and metadata to support ad hoc customer requests during the duration of the project
- Plan, prioritize, and design features for the deployment of offerings
- Compile and share process flows to analyze dependencies
- Work closely with other members of the team to understand data and reporting needs; create, refine, and maintain reports
- Provide “state of the data” analysis around partner data to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Analyze and document new and existing processes related to data management and recommend actions
- Work closely with other members of the team to collaborate on issues and address data quality improvement opportunities
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Passionate about the idea of telling data stories through visualization and dashboards
- Experience with gathering requirements from various stakeholders and presenting the results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with predictive analytics and other statistical methods to answer business questions
- Familiarity with basic extract, transform, load (ETL) processes and programming languages including SQL and Python
- Demonstrated experience, familiarity, and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
- Ability to quickly learn and use new tools and technologies
- Graduate student working with an undergraduate degree or working on a master’s degree in business administration, economics, computer science, statistics, or related quantitative field
The following are considered a plus:
- Understanding of data architecture best practices
- Experience in the software development industry
- Experience with machine learning packages in python such as pandas, numpy, scikit, tensorflow, or keras
- Experience with Tableau, Jira, and Smartsheet
- Experience automating the gathering and analysis of data for the purposes of building reports
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, data cleansing, data extraction, and segmentation techniques
- Experience working in an agile environment
About Red Hat:
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.