Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to lead Snowflake's IT, security, and related data science functions. In this role, you will apply machine learning to design, implement, and fine-tune next generation machine learning systems for corporate security, risk management and quantification in FAIR
(Factor Analysis of Information Risk) framework, anomaly detection, user and entity behavior analytics, etc.
You need to know that we’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s most excellent data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Work closely with the internal security stakeholders to understand the use-cases and identify focus areas with the highest potential for impact.
- Define and analyze metrics (in risk quantification particularly) that will in-turn inform the key drivers for decision making & operational efficiencies.
- Analyze large amounts of messy data, work on data quality, uncover actionable security insights and present them in a compelling manner.
- Provide technical & thought leadership designing and implementing machine learning techniques.
- Participate in all stages of ideation, developing and deploying ML models in production to improve Snowflake's security posture.
- High levels of curiosity and eager enthusiasm for open-ended problems
- Experience and interest in problem formulation based on relatively abstract information
- 7+ years experience applying machine learning or statistical modeling on large-scale datasets
- Deep understanding of the basic classes of ML algorithms, also the underlying assumptions
- 5+ years experience writing production quality scalable code using Python to build machine learning or statistical modeling on large-scale datasets
- Expert level knowledge working with Python and ML libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas, etc., SQL and Airflow
- Ability to articulate results and complex concepts to leadership
- Preferably, prior experience applying ML to security, risk quantification, and ISRM (Information security risk management) in general.