Are you a dynamic and keen innovator, a trend setter, or a disruptive thinker? Then Kellogg Europe is the place for you because at Kellogg’s we focus on agility, growth and innovation.
Our colleagues in the European Strategy and Insights team in Dublin are looking for a new Data Scientist.
Kellogg Europe is embarking on an exciting new journey to utilise and grow our data science capabilities to enable us to leverage growth for our trusted brands. Through a raft of new initiatives across a range of business functions from finance, RGM, Brand Building/Marketing and Supply Chain you will have ample scope to help shape our vision. The heavy investment we are making not only gives the successful candidate the opportunity to make an immediate impact but the unique closeness to the business allows for you to deepen your commercial awareness.
As an integral member of a global team of data scientists you will help foster a deeper collaboration and build new relationships across our many business functions to build trustworthiness in your decision models. With a strong business acumen, this role will require you to partner with the different business functions to exercise knowledge of descriptive and multivariate statistical techniques to develop strategic insights to drive business goals.
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Expand upon current predictive models and develop new algorithms across our multiple business functions to solve critical business problems
- Findings through data can go against current belief, you will need to be able to expose the rationale in easy to understand terms for the business
- Work with business subject matter experts to see the world through their eyes, piloting proof of concept models using limited to very large and unstructured data sets
- Analysing large, noisy datasets and identify meaningful patterns that provide actionable business results
- Be accountable for identifying and measuring benefits to the business including financial impacts to multi-criteria approaches
- From design of experiments to decision modelling, model and frame scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions
- Work in an iterative process (test and learn) and validate findings with business stakeholders
- Design and deliver end-user training of the models or tools you develop
- Provide guidance, training and problem-solving assistance to other team members
- Mentor less-experienced individuals within the team on their chosen specialism
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Degree / MSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, operations research or other related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in applying Data Science/ Analytics within a consumer centric organisation
- Working experience in one or more languages (Python, R, SQL, SAS)
- Demonstrable commercial experience in the application of machine learning techniques and statistical modelling
- Great communication skills with the ability to convey work to a none technical audience
- Experience delivering visualisations through Tableau, RShiny or other
- Experience in data analysis and data mining with specific areas of expertise in at least one of the following: forecasting, prediction, decision science, NLP, statistical inference
- Be comfortable with operating in a structured business environment that demands both a reactionary and proactive mindset
- Have provided technical expertise and support on projects working with and providing inputs to advance approaches with external venders
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Work is performed in typical office environment including normal work activities.
- Some international travel is required.
This position requires regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company policies. Additionally, the ability to interact well with other employees and work overtime, as necessary, is required
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site. If you experience any difficulty when applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org