H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B's Corporate Planning and Analysis Team develops and maintains budgets and financial systems while providing current, reliable financial data, analysis, and technical information.
As a Senior Data Scientist, your archetype is a Business Decision Scientist. Your passions include building a framework to stitch cross domains learning and optimizing them toward mission-specific and multi-mission tasks, uncovering ML models causality relationships, creating an enterprise domain-specific reasoning system to boost actionable insights and optimize resources of machine learning process, and orchestrating reusable storytelling methodology to apply toward AI translation.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources-People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... willingness to mentor?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... skills to serve as technical lead to support decision-making for complex cross-functional business issues?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... ability to generate business-valued questions and data-driven solutions?
We are looking for:
- a creative data storyteller with measurable and predictive business recommendations
What is the work?
Analytics / Design & Development:
- Builds a framework to stitch cross domains learning; optimizes them toward mission-specific and multi-mission tasks
- Serves as expert specializing in AI interpretation and causality; uncovers ML model's causality relationships; builds framework to measure each model's bias, underspecification, and latent drivers with their connections
- Creates an enterprise domain-specific reasoning system to boost actionable insights and optimize the resources of machine learning process
- Orchestrates reusable storytelling methodology to apply toward AI translation
- Applies an inquisitive nature to creating ML / AI transparency to the business
- Applies AI reasoning into business action recommendations
- Applies AI research to accelerate business innovation
What is your background?
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience
- 7+ years of experience in a retail or retail-related decision science role
- Expertise in ML visualization flow
- Expertise in optimizing distributed machine learning in a heterogeneous domain environment
Do you have what it takes to be a Senior Data Scientist at H-E-B?
- Technical knowledge in programming languages: SQL, R, Python, Scala, Java, C/C++
- Technical knowledge in big data / ML optimization: GPU code optimization, Horovod, Spark MLlib optimization, Cython, JNI, Numba
- Technical knowledge in mainstream ML / AI: manifold learning, distributed clustering, graph network, hierarchical model, Bayesian network, deep learning, computer vision, NLP/NLU, reinforcement learning, meta-Learning, federated learning
- Technical skills to consider and apply causal reasoning representation and learning, and human-centric, explainable, responsible AI
- Ability as a creative storyteller and translator between business questions and ML solutions
- Ability to work comfortably with imperfect or incomplete data
- Ability to apply AI reasoning into business action recommendation
- Work in a fast-paced retail environment with frequently shifting priorities
- Work extended hours; sit for long periods
08-2021 DATANL3232 CPFA3232