Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Team Description
Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots.
The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history.
Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
We're looking for a Data Scientist to partner with revenue, marketing, and product teams to answer key questions about how to grow revenue, optimize product, scale and monetize the business, and launch high-impact initiatives. We solve challenging problems and boost business growth through a deep understanding of user behaviors with applied analytics techniques and business insights. An ideal candidate should have robust knowledge of consumer lifecycle and behavior analysis, customer segmentation, digital campaigns, monetization analytics and business operations for a SaaS company. Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of customer journey phases and key business metrics
- Perform analytical deep-dives to analyze problems and opportunities, identify the hypothesis and design & execute experiments
- Inform future experimentation design and roadmaps by performing exploratory analysis to understand user engagement behavior and derive insights
- Create personalized segmentation strategies leveraging propensity models to enable targeting of offers and experiences based on user attributes
- Identify key trends and build automated reporting & executive-facing dashboards to track the progress of acquisition, monetization, and engagement trends.
- Extract actionable insights through analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional customer behavior data sets
- Monitor and analyze a high volume of experiments designed to optimize the product for user experience and revenue & promote best practices for multivariate experiments
- Translate complex concepts into implications for the business via excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understand what matters most and prioritize ruthlessly
- Work with cross-functional teams (including Data Science, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, and senior executives) to rapidly execute and iterate
- Bachelors’ or above in quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years experience using analytics to drive key business decisions; examples include business/product/marketing analytics, business intelligence, strategy consulting
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction
- Significant experience with SQL and large unstructured datasets such as Hadoop
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis, experimentation design, and common analytical techniques like regression, decision trees
- Solid background in running multivariate experiments to optimize a product or revenue flow
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in programming/scripting and knowledge of statistical packages like R or Python is a plus
At Dropbox, we strive to be a great place for all Dropboxers to grow and be recognized for that growth. This job posting reflects broad requirements, and represents two potential levels of role. Through our assessment process, we will identify your level that ties to compensation based on your experience and technical expertise along with the scope of the role.
Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. We target most new hire offers between the minimum up to the middle of the range.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
If you are assessed at the IC3 level, below are the current Salary/OTE ranges (Subject to change):• US Zone 1: $154,700 - $182,000 - $209,300.• US Zone 2: $139,200 - $163,800 - $188,400.• US Zone 3: $123,800 - $145,600 - $167,400. If you are assessed at the IC4 level, below are the current Salary/OTE ranges (Subject to change):• US Zone 1: $180,200 - $212,000 - $243,800.• US Zone 2: $162,200 - $190,800 - $219,400.• US Zone 3: $144,200 - $169,600 - $195,000. Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use. Current US Zone locations are as follows:• US Zone 1: San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro• US Zone 2: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro• US Zone 3: All other US locations
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).