- Collaborate with Operations teams to formulate relevant financial and business questions that can be answered by data analysis.
- Research and analyze data sets using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
- Communicate final results and give context.
- Document approach and techniques used.
- Work on longer term projects, building tooling that can be used to scale certain types of analyses across multiple datasets and business use cases.
- Collaborate with other JP Morgan machine learning teams.
Required Technical Qualifications and experience
- 4-7 years of relevant experience.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, or similar BS with experience in a highly quantitative position.
- Hands-on experience analyzing data.
- Strong ability to develop and debug in Python or similar professional programming language.
- Problem solving and collaboration skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP).
- Ideally, some experience with machine learning APIs and computational packages (examples: TensorFlow, Theano, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, statsmodels).
- Experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, etc.
- Should be able to work both individually and collaboratively in teams, in order to achieve project goals.
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, and motivated by complex analytical problems.
- Must have the ability to design or evaluate intrinsic and extrinsic metrics of your model's performance which are aligned with business goals.
- Must be able to independently research and propose alternatives with some guidance as to problem relevance.
- Must be able to undertake basic and advanced EDA, may require some direction from more senior team; should be aware of limitation and implication of methodology choices.
- Ensures re-use and sharing of ideas within team and locale.
- Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholders.
- Shows institutional awareness and some understanding of applied problem solving, may require coaching and guidance as to how to most rapidly reach a satisfactory conclusionJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.