The Senior Data Scientist will lead in the development and deployment of Household risk models as well supporting the management of associated data assets. Growing the Household book is a key element of Hastings strategy over the coming years and data led decision making is essential to achieving this.
Initially the role will be focused on delivery with short lead times between model specification and deployment as the business grows. A primary objective of this role is championing the adoption of the latest machine learning (ML) techniques to leverage powerful insights from vast amounts of customer information.
About the role
- Engage with Household commercial stakeholders to gather detailed business requirements, coordinate project activities and meet deadlines.
- Build, deploy and monitor the performance of Household risk pricing models.
- Create and maintain analytical tools to support the management of our risk portfolio.
- Engineer powerful new rating factors to be deployed into our rating algorithms.
- Identify, analyse and monetise new data sources.
- Mentor junior data scientists and contribute to establishing a Data Science Community of Practice within the organisation.
- Strong technical modelling skills.
- Proven track record of delivering commercial value.
- Keen interest in emerging ML techniques and how these can be used within Underwriting & Pricing.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Proficiency in Python and/or R.
- Strong senior stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Practical experience with ML model deployment in business systems.
- Experience with using GitHub as a code collaboration tool.
- Insurance experience – in particular Household pricing.
Benefits for you
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5K car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Job posting end date: