About The Role
Essity has a clear strategy to become a data driven organization
and is investing in collecting and analyzing data from sales, back office and the factory floor to provide to enable more relevant insights across the organization. Essity has already deployed connected solutions using IoT technologies in Professional Hygiene and Incontinence Care solutions to improve the lives of people using these new technologies. To take this to the next level we need new capabilities to unlock the insights hidden within these data sources.
Therefore, we are searching for an experienced Senior Data Scientist
(f/m/d). The purpose of the role is to develop data-driven solutions
to difficult business challenges across a range of business domains by using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and understand how to convert theory and models into company operations. The Senior Data Scientist will as act as a team leader for the data science team
(line management responsibility).
This role will be part of the Data Science Center of Excellence
, delivering advanced data science, machine learning and AI solutions.
This position is offered with a hybrid working pattern. Onsite days based at one of our offices: Munich, Gothenburg, Stockholm, Barcelona, Lisbon, or Paris
We're looking for people who embody our values, aren't afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We're always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we'd love to talk.
What You Will Do
- Develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges across a range of business domains by using state-of-the-art data science techniques and understand how to convert theory and models into company operations.
- Act as act as a team leader for the data science team, coach, mentor and develop team members, act as a technical expert, guide junior colleagues in both technical aspects as well as other line management responsibilities (skills and knowledge building, performance evaluation, recruiting etc.)
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging internal and external data to drive business value. Ensure application of data science solution to generate value, e.g., to increase and optimize customer experience, revenue generation, process improvements, ad targeting and other business outcomes, as well as supporting cost savings initiatives.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement end-to-end Machine Learning solutions and monitor outcomes. Lead the development of processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and accuracy (MLOps).
- Communicate results and ideas in a clear and concise way to key decision makers also on top management level and drive a change in how these solutions are adopted
- Keep up-to-data with latest technology trends in the area of AI and data science
- Expert advisory to the business in terms of opportunities, data modelling and data science
Who You Are
- University degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., but not limited to – Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Natural Sciences, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience in developing end-to-end Data Science Solutions
- Experience with state-of-the-art data science and ML practices along with advanced knowledge of and experience with Python (particularly for ML)
- Experience in leading and developing team members
- Experience in developing scalable ML-based production systems, Databrick, MS Azure ML and MLOps would be an advantage
- Independent way of working, self-confident appearance at times on management level
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
What We Can Offer You
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Our diversity makes us strong and creates an inclusive, inviting and harmonious workplace where individuality is appreciated by everyone. For this reason, incoming applications are selected based on professional qualifications and working values regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual identity, nationality, disability or age.
Collaborative and Caring Culture | Empowerment & Engaged People | Work with Impact and A Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning & Career Growth | Health & Safety Priority | Sustainable Value Together| Innovation| Sustainable Working Life | Total Reward
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.
Application End Date:
30 Mar 2023