As a Senior Data Analyst (SDA), you’ll have a genuine passion for analytics, an innovative mind-set and the ability to lead and communicate effectively, actively seeking to build capability across our network. We’re looking for people that will question our current methods and offer outstanding solutions to emerging challenges.
Our Senior Data Analysts demonstrate high levels of experience and ability when using a range of ground breaking analytical tools and software, manipulating complex datasets to develop insight and risk.
SDAs lead on our technical standards of analysis and are responsible for the quality of our analytical products, ensuring standards are upheld and improved. They provide leadership and mentorship on ‘big ticket’ projects and support our data analysts on complex profiles, encouraging delivery through others and seeking new and innovative ways of working.
- Employ advanced analytical skills to design and deliver products that identify individuals, businesses and customer behaviours of the greatest risk to the UK economy.
- Use new tools and techniques to develop your expertise for manipulating large datasets, including a range of taxpayer, government, public and commercially available information.
- Initiate and undertake complex and accurate analysis.
- Train and mentor our data analysts, building their confidence and capability.
- Be responsible for building the overall skills of our analytical community.
- Be a member of the Leadership Team, however, there are no line management responsibilities.
- Building capability within our analytical community, developing effective and efficient working processes which encourages our people to flourish.
- Ensuring products meet our quality standards.
- Relevant previous experience of working in an analytical role where the skills you have developed can be transferred to this Senior Data Analyst role.
- Be able to effectively communicate using verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven experience of working with ambitious, non-analytical stakeholders, often across multiple lines of business.
- Proven track record to be flexible, manage conflicting demands and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate high levels of experience and technical ability when using bulk data analysis tools or languages, such as SAS Enterprise Guide (or similar).
- Work with business stakeholders to capture their requirements to develop and deliver analytical projects; and demonstrate a capability of effectively communicating project changes, progress issues and results to stakeholders.