Faster. Smarter. Simpler.
Tic:Toc is a world-leading fintech company with offices based in Adelaide and Sydney. We use technology and Explainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI) to reimagine financial services processes and create superior experiences for our customers. And we’re growing fast.
You will find an environment waiting for you that is creative, friendly and a lot of fun. We are passionate about what we do, and it shows.
You will find an environment waiting for you that is creative, friendly and a lot of fun. We are passionate about what we do, and are committed to fostering teams that are inclusive and diverse.
Tic:Toc expects and supports you to challenge traditional thinking and take risks. We are straight-talking and our team is full of bold, brave and energised talent.
What you’ll do
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you’ll work collaboratively day to day with the Data Science and Business teams to build, solve and challenge complex business problems and solutions.
Being in a pivotal role, you will also benefit from being in Tic:Toc’s tight knit workplace and often find yourself interacting with other functions.
At Tic:Toc, we work Agile. While you will be supported with our ways of working, we expect you to work autonomously to achieve defined sprint objectives in the desired timeframes.
Here’s a few other things you’ll do:
- Develop, mature and modularise all elements of AI models from pre-processing, training/testing through to deployment.
- Measure, monitor, optimise and recommend changes to productionised models.
- Build your own models to solve real problems, applying rigour from exploration and experimentation through to production.
- ETL & data warehousing: don’t worry... we already do this well, so you don’t have to fret about wrangling too much untidy data. But we don’t know everything, so please bring your ideas on how we can evolve!
- Manage infrastructure associated with all things machine learning and advanced analytics.
- Be empowered to suggest and action change, drawing on your experience and smarts.
- Facilitate advanced analytics and computationally expensive modelling using warehoused data.
- Support ongoing embedding of analytical products within the user experience.
- Utilise and adhere to Tic:Toc software tools, methodologies, and standards.
You will bring to us
- Demonstrated capability in a developer role, ideally with analytical experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and productionising advanced analytics solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of these programming/scripting languages: Python, C#, SQL, R, Bash, PowerShell.
- Demonstrated expertise with machine learning algorithms and applications (time series, NLP, computer vision, recommendation).
- Experience with data science ecosystem including Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Anaconda and R.
- Demonstrated experience with exposing your models via API within a cloud-based environment.
- At ease with common libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet, fastai, Scikit-Learn.
- Sound knowledge of probability, machine learning (supervised, unsupervised, semi-supervised) and statistics.
- Demonstrated experience in data processing.
- Demonstrated ETL muscle.
- Experience working in Agile development environments.
- Experience working with cloud-based technologies such as AWS including but not limited to SageMaker, Redshift, Lambda, S3, Athena, Glue, CloudFormation.
- Familiarity with Apache Ecosystem including Airflow, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Experience in Financial Services and familiar within home loan processes and language.
- Cloud technology and/or Big Data certification.
- Real-time ETL (streaming).
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Scala.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Computer Science, Engineering or Advanced Analytics.
What you’ll get in return
- We offer an attractive remuneration package + generous employee share plans;
- We offer flexible working hours and work from home arrangements to balance your work and lifestyle;
- We offer opportunities to expand career development outside of your everyday including providing leadership training and opportunities;
- We also offer 1:1 Training, Learning Programs and Mentoring to help you succeed;
- We have a vibrant culture and workspace to help you do great work;
- You’ll be part of a company that’s growing rapidly, building products customer’s love.
Whilst all of our job opportunities have a specific criteria, if the above describes who you are but you don’t tick all of our boxes, we still encourage you to apply. If you have any questions or require any support in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience, you can get in touch with Karam Singh our Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0401799479.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.