G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
As the Senior Data Scientist you are responsible to manage and retrieve valuable insight from Big Data in our Consumer Data Platform (CDP) environment. In this role you have an opportunity to shape G-Star customer insights and analytics. One of your key goals will be to reach a 360 view of our customer, which will drive our customer acquisition and retention models. You will design and build predictive and machine learning models and will translate the outcome of the models into actionable insights. You will provide the Digital and Marketing teams with customer insights. You will do this through predictive models and you drive creation of business reporting as the foundation of our analytics capability.
Each project is a brand-new challenge, all you know is there will be lots of data, great opportunities to learn and deliver tangible insights. You will be part of the Data and Analytics team. Together with the Data and Analytics manager you drive the further professionalization of G-Star’s customer data & analytics capabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to manage Big Data in our CDP environment
- Opportunity to shape G-Star customer insights and analytics
- Support Digital & Marketing teams to extract customer data & design customer contact strategies
- Support the business to scale & grow via customer data
- Drive the further professionalization of G-Star’s customer data & insights
- Champion business to reach 360 view of Customer
- Deliver tailor-made analytics & insights solutions
- Help design and document prospecting & retention strategies
- Explain customer behavior with your own predictive and machine learning models
- Design attribution models to help optimize marketing campaigns and channels
- Play a key role in all phases of CDP & Insights implementation project:
1) Diagnostics and hypotheses setting
2) Problem definition through data
3) Research into and analysis of possible interpretations
4) Solutions presentation and implementation
5) Stitch together data to improve Customer Identification
- You are flexible and adapt your work schedule and prioritization to best serve the business needs, in close cooperation with Manager Data & Analytics
What you bring to the table:
- Experience in big data, id stitching, data mining, predictive modelling or machine learning
- Real-life experience with business analytics and CDP tools, i.e., SAS, SAP, Exponea etc
- Experience with application of “Big Data” tools and techniques, e.g. Google BigQuery
- Experience in analytics & BI intelligence packages, preferably Tableau
- Experience in online selling, preferably in retail
- Experience with writing production code in one programming language: R, Java, Scala, Python or Node.js
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and solution oriented
- Master degree in Data Science, Informatics, Artificial Intelligence, Econometrics, Statistics or related
- Great if you also have experience with understanding CRM or Email Marketing capabilities
- Fluent in English
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
- Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.