Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
As Natixis Innovation Hub, Natixis in Portugal mission is to transform traditional banking by developing innovative solutions for the bank’s business, operations and work culture, being a key driver of the company’s culture of agility and innovation. Teams of IT and Banking Support Activities work in an integrated, inclusive and transversal way, supporting all the business lines and country platforms.
We are looking for a Data Engineer Tech Leader (local contract) to join one of our teams in our Payments business unit in Porto.
Main Tasks and Responsabilities:
- Participate as a technical referent in developing code for processing and analyzing large amounts of data (e.g. unstructured tracking data, large full-text data sets, graph data, etc.);
- Design and implement highly scalable batch or real-time data processing workflows/components and products that make smart use of data to provide data-driven functionality (e.g. search services, recommender services, classification services, etc.), leveraging machine learning, Big Data technology, and distributed systems;
- Build, monitor and operate services delivery within the Natixis infrastructure, while enhancing data quality/utility and automating processes;
- Deploy solutions on cloud technologies, mainly GCP (Google Cloud Platform);
- Work in a cross-functional team and collaborate closely with Data Scientists and Analysts to support the (technical) design, implementation and evaluation of new algorithms, machine learning models and other data-driven features and services;
- Guide and support team members through technical issues and challenges related to data engineering and the uses tech stack.
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent Software Engineering experience;
- Between 3 to 9 years of experience in designing and implementing scalable software and data-driven services using Big Data technologies, data storages (e.g. relational databases, key-value stores), data warehouses, and related data processing technologies, as well as programming languages such as Scala / Java / Python (for real-time and batch processing);
- Experience in building and optimizing data pipelines that process large datasets using Spark and Hadoop environment;
- Familiar with working on cloud environments especially with data related services, for example BigQuery, Dataproc, GCS on Google Cloud Platform;
- Hands-on experience in analyzing large datasets (e.g. with SQL, Spark, Python, Hive etc.);
- Experience with workflow management platforms (like Airflow) and collaborative platforms (like Jupyter or Zeppelin);
- Knowledge of YAML (data serialization);
- Microsoft Azure and PowerBI is a plus;
- Some experience in the domain of information retrieval, information extraction or machine learning is a plus;
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Good level of English (B2 -mandatory);
- Positive mindset and the social skills to work in an international and distributed team;
- Autonomous person (knows the answer and argues the plus of his positions);
- Desire to learn and share his knowledge with his Community of Practice;
- Think out-of-the -box and come up with new ideas/improvements for the processes;
- French would be highly appreciated and valued.
Early morning. Campo 24 de Agosto. In 4 minutes, you are clocking in at the office. After grabbing a cup of coffee and fresh fruit, pick up your laptop and choose your spot for the day. It's going to be a busy one: French class before lunch and, just after, quick medical appointment at Natixis doctor's office.
Lunch break. Outside in the big terrace (look at your crops at the Urban Garden; ready to harvest!) or, if you feel like stretching your legs, walk downtown to grab lunch.
Back inside. Quick sprint review (working together anywhere means virtual happy birthday to that colleague in Paris that just turned 35). The afternoon went flying (tasks, reports, calls, some jokes with your teammates). End it on a high note: just one PlayStation game or the final match for that ping-pong tournament.
Tomorrow, you complete that certified technical training and the day after, you will work from home, taking advantage to finally do that online course on Udemy. Once you are done with your tasks for the day, you can visit the office for a board games session or show up at the rehearsal of one of Natixis bands. If that is too steady for you, meet your colleagues to surf some waves or join them in a football match.
Please apply online: <endereço ocultado>
Poderá encontrar o anúncio original publicado em: https://www.itjobs.pt/oferta/379218/data-engineer-tech-leader