At Intel, we are innovating the future. We create world-changing technology that enables global progress and enriches the lives of every person on earth. Today, we stand at the brink of several market disruptions - driven by four key superpowers: cloud, mobility fueled by 5G, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, and the intelligent edge. Intel is at the heart of the technologies fueling these disruptions. The Office of the CTO (OCTO) at Intel defines, develops, and leads the implementation of new strategic software and technologies to harness the power of industry-shaping disruptions and to transform Intel into a datacentric company.
The Strategy Analytics and Sensing team within the Office of the CTO plays a critical role in developing the ground truth market models and insights upon which corporate strategy is developed. In deep partnership with other market analysis centers of excellence within the company, we ask and answer the critical market questions that inform our strategic choices. We are building a world-class strategy analytics practice with both top and bottom-line impacts.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who can contribute to the development of forecasts, models of future ecosystem scenarios, and unique market intelligence capabilities for the company. You will be the focal point for data science/engineering activities of the organization while also interfacing with constituents and coordinating activities at the intersection of model development and business strategy. The position requires a solid combination of strategic, technical, and business acumen, ability to work effectively across functional and organizational boundaries and the ability to communicate effectively across executive, business and technical audiences.
In this role, you will:
- Develop partnerships and collaborate with Business Owners (Business Analysts/Decision-makers)to develop solutions that address key business challenges.
- Build the capability to ingest, harmonize, and analyze data from multiple disparate sources (e.g. Reddit, GitHub, Open Stack, etc.) to establish trends and metrics that provide insight into developer activity.
- Use predictive modeling, statistics, machine learning, data mining, and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and extract insights from structured data (e.g. econometric data, historical time series forecasts and actuals, etc.) and unstructured data (e.g. web scraping, sentiment extraction, etc.).
- Develop and implement models, algorithms, and potentially simulation software and applications to apply mathematics to data, perform large and small scale experimentation to translate data into intelligence.
- Guide business colleagues in identifying causal relationships, applying inferences, and finding patterns and relationships in data that advance our understanding of the business.
- Act as a Data Translator to Communicate and understand the value of analytic work, articulate and advocate for work based on estimated/calculated business impact
Minimum Qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of Masters with 6+ years of experience in computer science or mathematics or physics or machine learning or operations research or software engineering or computer engineering or computational science or related technical discipline.
2+ Years’ experience with the following skills:
- Demonstrated business impact from the development and implementation of models, algorithms and applications that apply mathematics to data and solve a variety of business problems.
- Hands on experience with relevant programming languages (Java or C/C++ or Python)
- Experience working with data visualization tools (Tableau/Power BI/Plotly-Dash)
- Working with medium sized data sets (10's of thousands of data points, hundreds of variables, thousands of engineered variables/interaction effects)
Inside this Business Group
- Using open-sourced solutions from repositories and applying them to good use within the firm.
- Experience with machine learning and analytics packages experience (e.g. Data Robot, Azure ML studios, Stata, SAS Viya).
- Experience with 3rd party market intelligence platforms employing data science (e.g. Palantir, NetbaseQuid)
- Relevant experience building econometric models and forecasts from both third party and primary research/data sets - preferably at a top tier consulting and/or market analytics firm.
Enable amazing computing experiences with Intel Software continues to shape the way people think about computing – across CPU, GPU, and FPGA architectures. Get your hands on new technology and collaborate with some of the smartest people in the business. Our developers and software engineers work in all software layers, across multiple operating systems and platforms to enable cutting-edge solutions. Ready to solve some of the most complex software challenges? Explore an impactful and innovative career in Software.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Georgia, Atlanta;Virtual US and Canada
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here Work Model for this Role
This role is available as fully home-based and generally would require you to attend Intel sites only occasionally based on business need.
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here