Overall Job Purpose
We’re looking for a data scientist to work on innovative AI applications across Vitality’s business, including health and wellness management, marketing, sales, retention, customer service, and engagement, using data mining and machine learning techniques.
You will enjoy working with rich datasets, cutting edge technology, advance machine learning techniques, see your models used in real business applications and help shape new projects in an innovative company that helps people live healthier lives.
- Develop and implement advanced predictive models and optimization algorithms
- Produce analytical work that is:
- Customer focused (product design, health and wellness modelling, cross- and up-sell identification, churn, and engagement modelling)
- Business focused (pricing, underwriting, fraud, profitability, and lifetime value modelling)
- Discover trends, patterns and stories told by the data and present them to stakeholders
- Leverage new open data sources and extract further value from existing company data
- Produce creative data visualizations and intuitive graphics to present complex analytics
- Communicate analysis, findings and recommendations to various stakeholders and senior executives
- Lead the marketing data science strategy and testing framework
- Lead technical implementation of first-party data and offline conversions
- Work closely with senior management in Performance Marketing and Marketing Analytics
- Undergraduate degree in numerical subject
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience accessing and analysing data using language/tools/databases such as Python, R, SQL, etc.
- Experience using Gradient Boosting Machines, Random Forest, Neural Network or similar algorithms
- Experience working as a data science or quantitative / statistical analyst
- Practical experience of building and implementing machine learning models to solve business problems
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Google Marketing Platform products (Google Ads, SA360, DV360, Optimize)
- Advanced technical knowledge of digital personalisation and testing
- Masters or other advanced degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or other technical field
- Previous insurance or financial services industry experience
- Experience in the digital marketing space.