Information About this Position
Remote role (must reside in Missouri or Illinios)
Must have data warehouse, ETL and Azure.Company and Job Overview
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
A Software Engineer at BJC is responsible for the planning and engineering of organization infrastructure including the design and implementation of hardware, software, Data Warehouse, and also is responsible for ensuring the success of a team tasked with building, supporting and enhancing a high-transaction volume web applications.
- Responsible for information technology infrastructures and designs include: software, hardware, data warehouse, applications.
- Develops and trains team members and can take a lead role on various projects simultaneously
- Conducts researches on newer technologies and solutions. Responsible for conducting and complete proof of concepts on new technology and be able to apply these new findings into our current work environment and information technology infrastructures.
- Involved with application architecture, design, programming, unit testing, and support on a variety of latest software: C#, Visual Studio, Ajax, Infragistics, Silverlight, and SQL Server, MVC, Query, and emergent IT technologies and solutions.
- Shares responsibilities with Data Management and Data Governance teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer