We are looking for an enthusiastic Healthcare Data Scientist or Engineer
who can translate between our data analyst/scientist team and the local Analytics Solutions team.
With our multidimensional solutions and offerings based on a combination of data, technology, domain expertise and AI/ML, we are dedicated to drive healthcare forward, together with stakeholders in healthcare.
Do you get energy from finding new paths to relevant insights and outcomes based on imperfect Real World data? Do you like working with people to understand their requirements, build new models and tools and then hand them over to a data analyst/data science team? Do you get energy from problem solving in an international setting across multiple teams? Would you like to work for a company that aims to have a positive impact on healthcare and society at large?Join a great team to drive healthcare forward!
You will be working in the Dutch Analytics Solutions team. This team is a Consulting team and exists of professionals with different backgrounds and expertise, such as: real-world data, Biomedical Sciences, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, business, market research, data analytics, linguistics, and social psychology. We partner with commercial, medical and business insights teams in the life sciences sector (Pharmaceutical, MedTech and Consumer Health companies) to support them leveraging and interpreting data and make evidenced-based decisions for their strategy.
In recent years, we have extended our partnership with other healthcare stakeholders, such as hospitals, patient organizations, government, healthcare insurers and healthcare researchers. Our team has a strong presence within the Dutch IQVIA organization and our Amsterdam office. There are lots of opportunities to develop your own ideas in collaboration with a diverse and talented group of coworkers and to connect with colleagues in and outside of work.Tasks And Responsibilities
As a Healthcare Data Scientist/Engineer you will be responsible for development, improvement, and execution of data related methodologies in our internal and client projects. This will always be in alignment with Healthcare Analysts/Consultants and Senior Consultants. You will be working in a high-paced, high-complexity environment where you will need to balance a combination answering urgent (internal and external) client questions, data deep dives, methodology development and long-term data platforming initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Translate consultant and client requirements into scripts and programs
- Hand over scripts and programs to centers of excellence
- Ensure consultants and clients understand the analyses you build and how they are relevant
- Troubleshooting and deep diving to solve any issues that may occur
- Develop new data applications
- Ensure your parts of the projects are delivered in the context of the wider projects and client expectations
- Guide and support longer term data platforming transitions
Formal qualifications and experience
- MSc. or equivalent background in data/computer science, biomedical sciences, mathematics or other data science or engineering studies
- ~2-5 years of work experience in data analysis, data engineering, machine learning or other relevant roles in healthcare institutions, consultancy, pharmaceutical, medtech or other industries
- Experience in at least 1 programming language is required, knowing more than one is a plus (SAS, Python, R, SQL or other equivalent languages)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills incl VBA
- Experience with Spotfire, Power BI, MicroStrategy or other data visualization software is a plus
- Affinity with consulting
- Experience with (internal or external) client interactions
- Healthcare market knowledge and experience is not required, affinity is a plus
- Fluent in English, speaking Dutch is a plus
Specific skills and competencies
- Ability to explore, validate and re-structure/improve complex processes
- Ability to translate requirements into scripts and to teach these scripts to other teams
- Data analytical skills
- Data engineering skills
- Data interpretation
- Accountable, proactive and innovative
- Problem solving
- A positive mindset with a hands-on spirit and a pragmatic approach
- Team player in multi-cultural/multi-disciplinary team
- Building bridges between teams and people
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Confidence and assertiveness
- Stays calm in a chaotic situation
- Ability to bring structure into complex challenges
- Is curious and asks questions
- Is not afraid to make mistakes
- Is quickly able to learn and adapt
- Drives a positive (internal and external) customer experience
Based at our office in Amsterdam Zuid-Oost with the flexibility to work from home.What is in it for you?
Did we spark your interest?
- Join a company with a great societal purpose: the opportunity to together drive healthcare forward
- A key job in a growing department, residing in a dynamic multinational company. You will have the benefit of working for an entrepreneurial department but with the larger career opportunities and benefits of working for a large company
- Opportunity to work with people with diverse expertise on a large variety of projects across different therapeutic areas
- Great team and company spirit, with lots of opportunities to connect inside and outside of work (network drinks, team and company events, sports activities)
- Autonomy, flexibility and the opportunity to do your work in the way it works best to you, as long as you deliver on your responsibilities
- An onboarding program, HR framework and a committed line manager to support your personal development
- Welfare program
Please apply by including your cv as well as a motivational letter to the application.Career opportunities at IQVIA
If the above-mentioned role does not match with your professional aspirations, please consult our job pages to discover other vacancies and apply, or join our Talent Network: https://jobs.iqvia.com/
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com