Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Senior Azure Data Engineer, you will be a tech lead of 3 to 6 talented resources. You will develop your career by choosing Manulife that encourages, supports continuing education, and invests in the training of its employees. You will be choosing a stimulating work environment that will allow you to grow both personally and professionally, with a team, projects and challenges that are motivating and rewardingResponsibilities
What motivates you?
- Hands-on data engineering leadership and technical oversight in the development of batch and real-time data pipelines, DevOps pipelines and end-to-end processes supporting data ingestion, curation, virtualization and delivery at scale leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services
- Lead the agile software development process, including roadmap planning, cross-team coordination, task assignments, code reviews, sprint demos, and design review and sign-off
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions working with development teams, architects and business analysts conformant to enterprise standards, architecture and technologies
- Delivery of modernization of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams
- Design and Build Data Service APIs
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics
- Expose data to end-users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps, or any other modern visualization platform or experience
- Playing a key role in mentoring other staff members and a proven track record in knowledge transfer to other team members and departments
- Identifies opportunities for new architectural initiatives makes recommendations on the increasing scalability and robustness of platforms and solutions
What We Are Looking For
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What can we offer you?
- 10+ years of professional experience with designing and development of data warehouses and ETL tools and technologies
- Strong experience as an Azure Data Engineer and must have Azure Databricks experience
- Expert level understanding of Azure Data Lake, Azure HDInsight, Azure SQL databases, Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics is required
- Hands-on experience on designing and developing scripts for ETL processes and automation in Azure data factory, Azure databricks and PySpark
- Experience preparing data for use in Data science/Advanced Analytics using Azure ML
- Experienced with the Hadoop ecosystem and toolset – HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Python, Scala, Hive and Oozie
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub, Jenkins and Azure DevOps to configure and build CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of BI tools such as PowerBI
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a team-oriented, collaborative work place
- Self-reliant and comfortable with a rapidly changing environment
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to assimilate new skills to support
- Ability to adapt to new service needs as they arise
Our commitment to you
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
- Values-first culture: We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity: We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation: We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship: We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.