What’s happening at PwC?
As part of PwC’s global strategy, The New Equation, we’re investing significantly in skills, capabilities and technologies to address the breadth and complexity of the challenges that our clients face with their businesses and in society. One of our responses to this was establishing Tech Central, a technology focused function working alongside other PwC teams.What’s happening in the function?
Tech Central is rapidly growing and the environment that our people work in is fueled by ingenuity, collaboration and innovation. Our people are skilled and passionate about the work they do. As part of the team you’ll experience an environment consisting of a wide range of technologies with ample room for you to learn, grow and innovate.About The Team
The Data Engineering team is growing rapidly to support & enhance the build of products for our internal customers & clients. You will be working with a team of skilled data professionals to pipeline & build the data structures our products operate with to maximise the flow & usability of data across processes & systems.Job Skills
- Design and implementation of numerous complex data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics. business intelligence (BI) and machine learning systems.
- Develop and construct data products/services and integrate them into systems and business processes
- Work closely with product managers and architects to determine technical effort required for product features associated with the engineering of data
- Work with other team members to identify, plan, develop and deliver data services
- Recognise and share opportunities to re-use existing data flows across the broader organisation
- Re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use
- Support the build of data streaming systems
- Write ETL scripts and code to make sure the ETL process performs optimally
Not the role for you?
- Understand practicalities of system development, data architecture, testing, support and deployment
- Knowledge of programming/scripting languages
- Database management & optimisation
- Experience using modern, agile software development practices
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.The Skills We Look For
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.The Deal
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.Application support
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.