Zalando’s Economics & Experimentation department is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us scale the Experimentation Platform.
In this pivotal role, you will be a major contributor to Zalando's mission of establishing a robust and trustworthy experimentation infrastructure, central to our data-driven decision-making process. Your expertise will be key in developing and managing comprehensive data engineering systems and metric definitions, crucial for analyzing experimental results and supporting the use of both internal and third-party systems.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you'll play a significant part in scaling our Experimentation Platform, enhancing Zalando's capacity for innovation and reinforcing our position as the Starting Point for Fashion. You will be at the center of fostering a culture of continual innovation and growth, ensuring every product change is rigorously tested and underpinned by accurate, high-quality data. Your contribution is crucial in supporting our organization's commitment to expanding Zalando’s experimentation culture, ensuring accurate, high-quality data supports all informed decision-making.INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be inclusive by design. And this vision starts with our hiring - we do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, sexual orientation, personal expression, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability status. You are welcome to leave out your picture, age, or marital status from your application. We only assess candidates on their qualifications and merit.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy https //corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/dobetter-our-diversity-and-inclusion-strategy
Our employee resource groups https //corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/our-employee-resource-groupsWHAT WE’D LOVE YOU TO DO (AND LOVE DOING)
What We’re Looking For
- You will work closely with other engineers, product analysts and applied scientists to understand the data requirements, design and build data workflows, and ensure that they are efficient, performant, and scalable.
- You will take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations of the data workflows you will build and ensure that all workflows adhere to best practices in terms of data governance, data security, and data quality assurance.
- You will leverage your in-depth knowledge to mentor and support colleagues, and share your knowledge across Experimentation Platform.
- You will document workflow designs, configurations, and customizations to ensure knowledge transfer and best practice sharing within the team.
- You will enable accurate and comprehensive metric definitions and aggregations essential for interpreting experimental results.
- You will help us promote a culture of experimentation across the organization by ensuring that data-driven decision-making is supported by precise, high-quality metrics.
- High degree of proficiency in software design, operational excellence, and analytical problem-solving.
- Expertise in running data processing pipelines using distributed data processing frameworks like Apache Spark. Databricks experience is a plus.
- Experience with near-real-time data ingestion to create insights and analytics applications.
- If you think you have what it takes, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
- Expert level knowledge in SQL and solid programming skills in Python. Java/Kotlin is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with the AWS ecosystem and workflow tools like Airflow. GCP experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) and proficiency with bringing and maintaining ML models in production, understanding and applying ML workflows, concepts, tools, algorithms, libraries and platforms to increase automation is a plus
Zalando provides a range of benefits, here’s an overview of what you can expect. Ask your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about what we offer.
- Employee shares program
- 40% off fashion and beauty products sold and shipped by Zalando, 30% off Zalando Lounge, discounts from external partners
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Hybrid working model with 60% (or more) remote per week, actual practice is up to each team to best support their collaboration
- Work from abroad for up to 30 working days a year
- 27 days of vacation a year to start
- Relocation assistance available (subject to prior agreement)
- Family services, including counseling and support
- Health and wellbeing options (including Gympass)
- Mental health support and coaching available
- Drive your development through our training platform and biannual peer-to-peer review Learn all about Zalando and our values here https //jobs.zalando.com/en/?gh_src=22377bdd1us