Bell & Clements is a specialist insurance company offering expertise in underwriting, broking and capacity management provisions for Excess and Surplus (E&S) lines insurance solutions. The unique combination of broking and underwriting divisions provides the ability to quote and bind risks through inhouse binding authorities, while providing customers with access to Lloyd’s, US and international markets. Bell & Clements has been among the Munich Re Group since 2007 and is a registered Lloyd’s broker. There are over 150 staff based across the London headquarters and two U.S offices in Virginia and New Jersey with close collaboration throughout.
Bell & Clements offers industry leading technology solutions that benefit both customers and inhouse processes. As part of the Munich Re Group this enables an inclusive culture that is ambitious with an established employee benefits program!
An exciting opportunity to join an innovative Lloyd's of London insurance broker based in the City of London. You will join our Data Analytics team and leverage our unique data warehouse and real-time data capture capabilities to build modern solutions to deliver data analytics to both our internal Underwriting and Claims teams as well as our clients and the London and Company Insurance Markets.
- Working on all phases of the data, Management Information, Data and Advanced Analytics life cycles, including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of solutions.
- Supporting the Manager of Data Analytics to implement the desired data analytics strategy and manage workload across the team.
- Collaborate with the Software Development team to extend and maintain the data warehouse for future analytical requirements.
- Collaborate with the Underwriting, Broking and Claims handling teams to ensure that analytical and reporting needs are met. You will be required to support the teams by providing useful insights and analysis on an ad-hoc basis.
- Support Advanced Analytical solutions (e.g. rate modelling, claims triage, loss cost analysis).
- Evaluate emerging technologies by building analytical prototypes and solutions based on business requirements to enhance the analytical capabilities of the company.
Key Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in Data Analytics or Management Information/Business Intelligence within Company or London Insurance Market (broking or syndicates).
- Previous experience in a Senior Data Analyst/ Supervisory role
- Degree with mathematical/computing components or relevant experience for this role.
- Strong SQL and data manipulation skills in Microsoft SQL Server required.
- Experience of data warehouse and reporting/dashboard development.
- Knowledge of data warehouse principles and coding practices.
- Strong SSRS and Tableau or relevant Business Intelligence presentation layer tool experience (e.g. QlikView, Domo or Microsoft Power BI).
- Must have strong interpersonal, team building, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and a track record of working in a team.
- Detail oriented and analytical mind with problem solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of Advanced Analytical life cycles, tools (e.g. Dataiku, Alteryx), languages (e.g. Python, R), techniques (e.g. machine learning, probability theory, regression, clustering, neural networks).
- Knowledge of Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence models to aid the predictive analytics and forecasting of results desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
We are offering this position on a Permanent basis. Annual salary will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits as per Bell & Clements standard employee offering. Annual leave - 25 days per year (not including bank holidays), increases with length of service. Health & Wellbeing – our offering includes private medical insurance for employees, their partners and their families, a Digital GP service, and an allowance of up to £550 per year for any activities and/or equipment which supports health and wellbeing. Hybrid and remote working – to support your work balance we have introduced hybrid working. You will be provided with designated office desk space, with support to work from home up to a maximum of three days per week. Flexible working hours – the opportunity to flex your working hours. Professional Qualification Support – (discretionary) financial support covering the cost of professional qualifications, including institute membership, exams, study materials and completion bonuses. Team fun – warm and social culture with regular get together.
Bell and Clements is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and mat!