What success looks like in this role:
- Using data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns
- Work with fellow data analysts to achieve a common goal
- Devise plans to collect data that can be used for your analysis
- Organizing and transforming information into comprehensible structures
- Using data to predict trends in the client base and the consumer population as a whole
- Performing statistical analysis of data
- Using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
- Clean the data to remove pieces which are irrelevant
- Analyze data and derive meaningful outcomes through identification of patterns and trends
- Identifying and recommending new ways to improve services by streamlining business processes
- Get the insights and recommendations for business improvements
- Present your findings to the relevant stakeholders of the organizations for what the data pertains to
- Able to tell the data story
- Evaluate the differences once a recommendation is implemented
- Adequate decommissioning and removal of data which is no longer needed in a safe manner
- Monitoring data quality and removing corrupt data
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- The ability to pay attention to detail when working with data in order to make accurate conclusions and predictions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively share findings with shareholders
- A solid understanding of data sources, data organization and storage
- Strong IT and mathematical skills
- In-depth knowledge of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of relevant relational databases
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Power BI Required
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages query languages such as SQL, DAX, and Azure Databricks.
Experience with Microsoft Power Platform is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, Python, R, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Knowledge of ITIL
This role may require access to export-controlled commodities and technology. Therefore, to conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Unisys is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to age, caste, citizenship, color, disability, family medical history, family status, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This commitment includes our efforts to provide for all those who seek to express interest in employment the opportunity to participate without barriers. If you are a US job seeker unable to review the job opportunities herein, or cannot otherwise complete your expression of interest, without additional assistance and would like to discuss a request for reasonable accommodation, please contact our Global Recruiting organization at GlobalRecruiting@unisys.com or alternatively Toll Free: 888-560-1782 (Prompt 4). US job seekers can find more information about Unisys’ EEO commitment here.