Come build the next-gen fintech at Early Warning, network operator of Zelle®, where we’re relentlessly focused on empowering prosperity in all its forms.
From fast money movement for over 100 million people who can access Zelle® directly through their banking app to new account opening and beyond – we make a difference in the lives of consumers and businesses every day and enable them to live their best financial lives. And we’re only getting started.
With new state-of the-art offices in Scottsdale, AZ (Headquarters) and Chicago, IL – plus a growing presence in San Francisco – we’re entering our next big chapter.
People matter to us, so we think our best work is done when we’re together, in-person. From informal interactions, to sharing ideas, to mentoring and beyond. We also believe in workplace flexibility and empowering teams to determine the rhythm of work to create an inclusive culture. Through the power of innovative collaboration, we offer hybrid and (when necessary) virtual (“remote”) workplace models.
We focus all hiring efforts in a few states and within driving distance of an office location to enable in-person collaboration when and where possible. Priority hiring locations are Scottsdale, AZ, Illinois, NY tri-state metro area (New Jersey, New York and Connecticut) and San Francisco, CA. On exception we will hire in secondary locations such as District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Virginia. We are not actively recruiting in Colorado, Rhode Island or Washington.
Join us and make your mark on what’s next in fintech.
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor an employment Visa for this position.
This position designs, develops, tests and maintains software product applications.
- Participates in designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging new and existing software systems and applications.
- Contributes in development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Support, and document software functionality.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Provide critical input in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Complies with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
- Ability to use Unix/Linux command line programs and create/edit scripts.
- Able to analyze results of automated deployment scripts and makes modifications.
- Able to prepare detail design documents from requirements.
- Familiar with Reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, Jasper Reports, BIRT, etc.
- General understanding of software environments and network topologies.
- Able to demonstrate OOA/OOD skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of distributed, component based architecture
- Working knowledge of networking and/or telecommunications protocols
- A solid understanding of event driven / asynchronous programming and multi-threading
- Demonstrable technical design skills (UML experience a plus)
- Familiar with TDD/BDD.
- Familiar with SOA framework, web services, etc.
- Common Developer Skills
- Competent (2+ years) Java or C# or C++ or Objective-C language programming skills.
- Competent with SQL or PL/SQL and relational database concepts.
- Experience with source code control systems.
- Experience with secure programming techniques is highly desirable
- Able to perform code reviews to ensure the code meets the acceptance criteria.
- Able to maintain test scripts as needed.
- Prepares test strategy, test plan, test cases, and test summary documents.
- Experience with automated functional software testing frameworks, such as Cucumber, Selenium, etc.
- Performs unit, functional, load, user interface, performance, regression and system integration testing on new code or modified code prior to production releases.
- Produce and report project test metrics.
- Possess advanced knowledge of QA/QC techniques; certifications preferred
- Assists new staff on testing techniques and test methodologies
- Ability to respond to situations in a timely manner, and meet predetermined deadlines
- Ability to support/maintain existing products and add new features as requested by customers.
- Provide support to UAT/production applications as needed
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Agile/Lean methodologies experience
- Solid understanding of an iterative software development process
- Able to estimate all project activities and tasks.
- Able to elicit user and functional requirements.
- Mentor and monitor Software Engineers in the technical aspects of their assignments.
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or 2 or more years of related industry experience.
- Big Data Platforms (Cloudera, S3)
- Database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server) particularly with respect to performance
- Kubernetes experience
- Attention to detail: we are a regulated company and our work is precise. We need people to read the fine print. “I” dotting and “T” crossing is not nice to have but necessary. In your submission, please call out your favorite movie (we like to have fun too!)
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
The pay scale for this position in CA/NY in USD per year is:
a minimum of $110,000;
a maximum of $135,000
This pay scale is subject to change and is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on legitimate factors considered at the time of job offer.
Early Warning Services takes into consideration a variety of legitimate factors when determining a competitive salary offer, including, but not limited to, the job scope, market rates and geographic location of a position, candidate’s education, experience, training, and specialized skills or certification(s) in relation to the job requirements and compared with internal equity (peers). The business actively supports and reviews wage equity to ensure that pay decisions are not based on gender, race, national origin, or any other protected classes.
Some of the Ways We Prioritize Your Health and Happiness
- Healthcare Coverage – Competitive medical (PPO/HDHP), dental, and vision plans as well as company contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA) or pre-tax savings through flexible spending accounts (FSA) for commuting, health & dependent care expenses.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – Featuring a 100% Company Safe Harbor Match on your first 6% deferral immediately upon eligibility.
- Paid Time Off – Unlimited Time Off for Exempt (salaried) employees, as well as generous PTO for Non-Exempt (hourly) employees, plus 11 paid company holidays and a paid volunteer day.
- 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Maven Family Planning – provides support through your Parenting journey including egg freezing, fertility, adoption, surrogacy, pregnancy, postpartum, early pediatrics, and returning to work.
And SO much more! We continue to enhance our program, so be sure to check our Benefits page here for the latest. Our team can share more during the interview process!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Early Warning Services, LLC (“Early Warning”) considers for employment, hires, retains and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of ability, potential, and valid qualifications without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our employees.